cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Help on the Crosshair Hero VII

Sedare
Level 8
Question for people more knowledgeable than me: I have a Crosshair VII Hero Motherboard with roughly 5 things plugged directly into it. Then my KB plugged into the monitor (monitor plugged into MOBO) then a powered USB Hub plugged to an extension to the MOBO. Mouse is plugged into the mouse pad, which is plugged into the MOBO.

The powered USB hub doesn't seem to be working. I did a test run transferring a file from a USB SD card reader and the computer beeps as if the USB device disconnects. Additionally my Corsair Commander Pro seems to glitch out too (it's plugged into a USB 2.0 Header.

So my question is, do I have too many things plugged into USB that it's just saturated (I still have some free ports on the mobo) or is the extension for the hub possibly causing issues (it's less than 5 feet total length and is USB 3.0 or is the USB port the commander plugged into causing issues?

It's a lot of stuff I know but I'm trying to troubleshoot so I can use the damn hub without causing the entire machine to glitch.

Thanks

PS if this is the wrong forum, mods please move.
0 REPLIES 0