cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuf Z390 - Plus Gaming WIFI clean install

newmail25
Level 7
Asus Tuf Z390 - Plus Gaming WIFI
I was installing Windows Pro x 64 from a stick made by the media creation tool and a box with Asus choices checked off popped up. I have never seen it before and because I had this built dd not know what to do. I am only an average user. I saw Norton as one check and when I unchecked it they all unchecked. Then I checked a box I thought appropriate. When I clicked restart they disappeared. I see none in programs and features.

My question is, if I do this again, not wanting Norton and a few more, what should I do? I saw chip set there and did not know if I should check it like in the older days. All seems OK so what to do in the future clean install when this box pops up and I am unsure of what to do?
Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
newmail25 wrote:
Asus Tuf Z390 - Plus Gaming WIFI
I was installing Windows Pro x 64 from a stick made by the media creation tool and a box with Asus choices checked off popped up. I have never seen it before and because I had this built dd not know what to do. I am only an average user. I saw Norton as one check and when I unchecked it they all unchecked. Then I checked a box I thought appropriate. When I clicked restart they disappeared. I see none in programs and features.

My question is, if I do this again, not wanting Norton and a few more, what should I do? I saw chip set there and did not know if I should check it like in the older days. All seems OK so what to do in the future clean install when this box pops up and I am unsure of what to do?
Thank you

NORTON? did norton auto install??? how?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

newmail25
Level 7
No thank goodness. Norton was one of about 12 entries and one half were checked to install-it was one. Chipset was not checked but a 410 MB WIFI entry was. Sorry to be vague but it happened so quickly I hardly had time to act. At least only one got through as I was able at the last moment to luckily uncheck all.
How did this happen? Is this something the board intruded upon or did two manufacturers plan this?
It is supposed to be clean install with the MCT. Could it be a hack?
I wonder if reset were used if it would still occur.
If Asus is aware, I would suggest that it not interfere with one's clean install.
Did you ask about Norton b/c it is notoriously not wanted?
Please get back to me with some information .
Thank you