cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for all ASUS software

Kreemkrackered
Level 7
simple answer - uninstall it. It doesn't work, or if it does it won't work properly. Seriously guys - save yourself the stress and just don't bother with any software released by ASUS - their hardware is fine but their software sucks ass..
5 REPLIES 5

Braegnok
Level 14
I'v been running Asus ProArt Creator Hub software on Z490 platform with three ProArt devices connected, using the Dashboard Rendering mode, Color Calibration, and the WorkSmart feature, haven't had any issues.

Kreemkrackered
Level 7
Ok maybe saying all Asus software sucked was a little silly. I was annoyed that after months of refusing to install the Armoury software for the lighting and mouse, having previous errors upon installation resulting in having to do a full system restore, I decided today to give it a try - which resulted in me wasting a good hour and uninstalling the Armoury crate software (which refused to recognise the Spatha mouse and the Horus keyboard)

I initially decided to try updating the Armoury software and firmware for the Spatha - this resulted in the 'update' simply uninstalling itself - when I reinstalled it, it was not to be found anywhere - literally no icons to start it, nothing. I tried rebooting and reinstalling but the same deal - it just would not work.

So, after faffing about for a good hour or so, I uninstalled Armoury crate and the mystery Armoury software for the mouse - I would point out that I even attempted to update the firmware on the mouse in which a small box appeared and told me to 'shut down and remove the cable from the mouse, then press and hold the red buttons on the mouse' - this I did and it did absolutely nothing!

So I can't recommend the Armoury crate software or the latest Armoury 2 mouse software. Maybe it was just me, but looking at the number of issues that people have had with this software I think it's more than likely just poorly written software.

**Edit**

Actually it seems you may have been telling porkies about not having any issues with Asus software..

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?114738-Armoury-Crate-damaged-my-whole-system

Seems you have!

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

I already gave my opinion on this subject here, in my case, generally in order to favor the stability of my system, I do not install the ASUS extra softwares supplied with the motherboard which duplicate the BIOS/UEFI settings or which allow me to do what I can do myself safely (like updating the drivers), the only thing that cannot be simply replaced by a manual and safe action is the RGB management (for that I use ASUS AURA (Win32, not UWP) version 1.06.17 that I intentionally do not update because the following versions are really messy with multiple modules installed). Apart from that, ASUS hardwares are among the best not to say the best.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

I already gave my opinion on this subject here, in my case, generally in order to favor the stability of my system, I do not install the ASUS extra softwares supplied with the motherboard which duplicate the BIOS/UEFI settings or which allow me to do what I can do myself safely (like updating the drivers), the only thing that cannot be simply replaced by a manual and safe action is the RGB management (for that I use ASUS AURA (Win32, not UWP) version 1.06.17 that I intentionally do not update because the following versions are really messy with multiple modules installed). Apart from that, ASUS hardwares are among the best not to say the best.

My current motherboard based on Z370 chipset is one of the last motherboards not having the "magic" file which installs Armoury Crate when starting the PC just after a clean install of Windows (from motherboard based on Z390 chipset and newer), so, as soon as I change my motherboard, I will immediately disable Armoury Crate via the BIOS/UEFI to avoid using this "magic" file which installs Armoury Crate.

erixx11
Level 11
+ 1

Ligthning Service really sucks because it is resource hungry, check Task manager. and you can't live without because then it burns your Livedash lcd,