cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z490-H motherboard logo led

dschu012
Level 7
According to https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z490-H-GAMING/ the ROG logo by the IO shield is customizable, however when I select a new option in armoury crate nothing happens. It seems to just be stuck on the breathing option in red. Is there some setting I might be missing somewhere?
6 REPLIES 6

oG_kill3r
Level 7
You have to set it in bios . Try this " Bios > Advanced Mode > Advanced > Onboard Devices Configuration > SupremeFX LED Lighting > Still Mode"

oG kill3r wrote:
You have to set it in bios . Try this " Bios > Advanced Mode > Advanced > Onboard Devices Configuration > SupremeFX LED Lighting > Still Mode"

I don't see that option...

oG kill3r wrote:

Hi,

This setting is specific to your motherboard, not hers.

dschu012 wrote:
I don't see that option...

Hi,

This is normal, as I explained to him, this is specific to his motherboard which is not AURA Sync.

Regarding your motherboard, it is an AURA Sync compatible motherboard and you have AURA Sync RGB headers on your motherboard to allow you to control your AURA Sync RGB fan/devices/etc., but beware that the onboard lighting of your motherboard does not have RGB lighting, only red lighting (as has always been the case for the ROG Strix xxxx-H motherboard range) :

MoKiChU wrote:
your motherboard does not have RGB lighting, only red lighting (as has always been the case for the ROG Strix xxxx-H motherboard range) :

thanks. up until a few days ago the https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z490-H-GAMING/ showed it being customizable, which caused the confusion. looks like since then that overview has been updated.

dschu012 wrote:
thanks. up until a few days ago the https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z490-H-GAMING/ showed it being customizable, which caused the confusion. looks like since then that overview has been updated.

I think that it's the word "Customizatiion" (circled in red on the screenshot below) which caused your confusion :

I doubt that the overwiew page has changed because as I told you, lighting/style has always been red for the ROG Strix xxxx-H motherboard range.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

This setting is specific to your motherboard, not hers.

Hi,

This is normal, as I explained to him, this is specific to his motherboard which is not AURA Sync.

Regarding your motherboard, it is an AURA Sync compatible motherboard and you have AURA Sync RGB headers on your motherboard to allow you to control your AURA Sync RGB fan/devices/etc., but beware that the onboard lighting of your motherboard does not have RGB lighting, only red lighting (as has always been the case for the ROG Strix xxxx-H motherboard range) :

Hi,

The logo being just red is fine, but pulsing is annoying. Can it be made to just stay on solid static?

Kind regards

Tim