cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix G531GT - network adapter stops working when gaming, ACPI errors

fils_
Level 8
Hello everyone,

my specs: Asus ROG Strix G, i5-9300H, 8 GB RAM, GTX 1650 4 GB, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Home

I'm having problems with the network adapter in my laptop - Intel® Wireless-AC 9560.

After a few minutes (2-3 min.) of gaming, the adapter just stops working. Therefore, the airplane mode is the only thing left in the connection settings.

During these drops, event viewer gets spammed with errors: ACPI Error, ID 10: (ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x4), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.), Netwtw08, ID 5002 (Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.), Netwtw08, ID 5005 (Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.), Netwtw08, ID 5006 (Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : The version number is incorrect for this driver.), Netwtw08, ID 5008 (Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.), Netwtw08, ID 5011 (Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.), Netwtw08, ID 5032 (5032 - Driver Miniport reset watchdog)

The only fix that seems to work temporarily are default BIOS settings, but whenever I boot up a game, it happens again. A few days ago, I thought I fixed it (I used a different way to install the drivers - directly by selecting files in the computer) because it was working properly for 3 days, but on the third day it crashed again. Then I updated the BIOS, and again, 3 days of uniterrupted gaming and on the third day, it crashed again.

This issue doesn't occur while browsing web, office work etc., only while gaming.

Please, let me know if you need any additional info and yes, there may be some grammatical mistakes becuase I'm not a native speaker 😄
18 REPLIES 18

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Update your Intel WiFi Drivers to the latest (21.90.3.2 WHQL) : https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29536/a08/WiFi_21.90.3_Driver64_Win10.zip

- Extract the .zip then go in the extracted folder
- Right click on "Netwtw08.INF" > Install > Wait for the message "The operation completed successfully" or for restart request

Tried it, everything seems to be working fine.

Thank you.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Update your Intel WiFi Drivers to the latest (21.90.3.2 WHQL) : https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29536/a08/WiFi_21.90.3_Driver64_Win10.zip

- Extract the .zip then go in the extracted folder
- Right click on "Netwtw08.INF" > Install > Wait for the message "The operation completed successfully" or for restart request

Hello,

this didn't fix my problem, but since then I think I fixed it (hopefully). I used the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to update all drivers and for the past day or so, everything seems to be working fine.

Thank you anyway.

Nope, it happend again. This time not even while gaming, but literally while I was browsing the web. It's really frustrating.

fils_ wrote:
Nope, it happend again. This time not even while gaming, but literally while I was browsing the web. It's really frustrating.

Did you send the laptop in? Did you/they fix it? Any details? :x

SobxRog
Level 7
fils_ wrote:
Hello everyone,

my specs: Asus ROG Strix G, i5-9300H, 8 GB RAM, GTX 1650 4 GB, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Home

I'm having problems with the network adapter in my laptop - Intel® Wireless-AC 9560.

After a few minutes (2-3 min.) of gaming, the adapter just stops working. Therefore, the airplane mode is the only thing left in the connection settings.

Similar (same?) problem here. Asus ROG Strix G 731GW, same network adapter. I have this laptop for about 6 months now, the problems started about aaaalmost week ago I think, stopped for 2 days, now the same thing happened today -got disconnected 3 times shortly after launching an online multiplayer game. Someone suggested to switch wifi channel from automatic to a set one (proposed 1,6,11), I've picked "1" and for now the problem seems to stop. I'm ingame for almost an hour and there's no issues. That said, I really doubt that's the actual fix, so I'll need to wait a few days at least to make sure the problem won't randomly start appearing again.

There was also some post claiming the bluetooth driver manual reinstal helped, but I won't bother checking at least until the problem is back.
(fairly sure all of my drivers are up to date with original win10)

_________
Hopefully there will be an actual long-term fix for this issue soon.

Also sorry for my nickname, I have no affiliation with asus/rog, my nickaname was just too short.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello fils,
Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.

I had this issue before, and I have posted it here. Have you tried using the drivers from the ASUS's site?

I had this problem a couple of day's and did also everything to remove the drivers en reinstalled over and over again then
I shutdown the laptop and wait for 2min. I boot it up but no results.

What did I to make it work? I open the backlit of the laptop make sure there is no power. remove your M.2 SSD card and
then your WiFi network card. Put the M.2SSD card back. restart your laptop to bios setup. Wait for 30 seconds turn the laptop off.

Now remove your M.2 SSD card and put the WIFI network card back and then your M.2 SSD card. resample the back lid and screw
all the screws back.

Power on your laptop, login and YES it's a live again your WIFI should work now. 😉