cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound from G731GW 3.5 mm jack after update to Windows 10 2004

AtGrigorov
Level 10
Windows 10 just offered me update to its latest build (2004) and after the install and reboot, I can't make the laptop (G731GW) to output sound to the 3.5 mm jack. The laptop's speakers are fine, bluetooth too. Reinstalled all audio drivers. Checked everything in Sound, Speaker properties, Realtek Audio Consol and so on. Any help is much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Try with latest Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF NB) from my UAD notebooks drivers thread.

Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG SS3 notebook.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Try with latest Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF NB) from my UAD notebooks drivers thread.

Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG SS3 notebook.

Thanks. Tried it all step by step. Unfortunately - no improvement. Restored a backup image of my C drive from 3 days ago and now all is as before. This Windows 2004 update will have to wait a little bit longer, until MS fixes it.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello AtGrigorov,
Thank you for your feedback.
Please kindly report it to MS as well.
You may rollback to 1909 to maintain stable performanace.
Thank you again.