Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Thumbs up Asus Maximus XII Hero ram QVL misleading, wrong...

so I managed to grab this maximus xii hero for my 10900k...

as I checked the ram qvl (ofc I want 4800mhz bdie ram ) on the official site I found something interesting (I will attach the screenshost also):

g.skill F4-4800C19D-16GTRS as supported... hmmm interesting coz its should be F4-4800C18D-16GTRS

anyway I did a big google search and nope no results for the C19D. ahh ok its just a misstype I thought coz the F4-4800C18D-16GTRS is fully supported by maximus xii apex also stated on gskill site for apex. my idea was hero=apex z490=z490 so, no probs I bought the rams

the first boot with my new 4800mhz rams went fine .., enter the bios xmp and this was funny xmp profile shows 4807mhz .,. and from that part I knew I gonna have a problem with it. reboot bla bla enter windows.. and after 1sec lockup/freez.

the rams are only usable on 4400mhz.. tested all the bios versions (the betas also) but no luck.. contacted the hungarian asus support (pff better not its a mistakwe )

so I would like to ask is gonna be a support for this gskill rams ? if apex can why not on hero ?

thanks
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos ram1.JPG  

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

The mobo may be able to support the ram. Are you certain the IMC of your CPU can handle 4800mhz??

ROG Enthusiast Array

Those are unreleased models they are completely different memory one using Samsung b die and the other using Hynix. Samsung runs much tighter timings in general or is able to with increased voltages.

Slim chance of a Hero running 4800 XMP. The APEX even has issue with 4800 XMP. Everything has to be top notch, from mobo, cpu to ram. Each component has some variance. That is why overclockers buy multiples of cpus and ram to bin the best ones.

As for why a Hero cannot run the same memory as an Apex. Apex is only 2 dim and a board that is specialized for overclocking and has other optimizations done to it that the Hero does not have.
    Last edited by bscool; 06-19-2020 at 01:27 AM.

New ROGer Array

ok for 4800mhz anyway its 4800mhz ram with xmp so we are not talking about OC.. but 4600mhz should be easy mode for the cpu also for the mobo.

also how can asus put unreleased rams in QVL ?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by sebagsm View Post
    ok for 4800mhz anyway its 4800mhz ram with xmp so we are not talking about OC.. but 4600mhz should be easy mode for the cpu also for the mobo.

also how can asus put unreleased rams in QVL ?

XMP is overclocking and also voids your CPU warranty from Intel

Does Use of Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) Void the CPU Warranty?

Enabling and use of Intel® XMP is a type of overclocking1, and will ultimately void the CPU warranty. Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. Check with the manufacturers of system and components for additional details.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...ofile-xmp.html

The ram may be released in certain regions only or just doesn't get released. Contact G skill and ask them.
    Last edited by bscool; 06-19-2020 at 02:21 PM.

New ROGer Array

who cares about the warranty... yes, sure gskill eng. will gladly update my asus mobo bios I ordered xii apex just to do a test is it my cpus imc or what

Quote Originally Posted by bscool View Post

Enabling and use of Intel® XMP is a type of overclocking1, and will ultimately void the CPU warranty. Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. Check with the manufacturers of system and components for additional details.

The ram may be released in certain regions only or just doesn't get released. Contact G skill and ask them.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by bscool View Post

The processor replacement plan is covered though. But that's $20 or $25...

New ROGer Array

ohh and another hit of QVL list also maximus xii hero Iam still waiting someone from asus to reply me and to explane what is happening here..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A74A263B-C541-4116-BAF9-1896C3EF436D_4_5005_c.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	85402*

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1System : SSD Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Games : SSD Corsair MP510 240GB | Data : SSHD Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad PECHAM MPad-XXL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 64 bit 20H2/VB/19042.x

Hi,

Have you placed your RAMs correctly on slots A2 and B2 and not A1 and B1 ?

Did you try the XMP 2 mode (the XMP 2 respect default XMP timings, while the XMP 1 optimise XMP timings) ?

New ROGer Array

Hi!

Yep. tested everything. my main problem is not that I cant achieve 4800mhz on hero (but Iam 10000% sure one bios update can fix this) .. but to let asus know that the qvl they posted is totaly messed up and ofc to correct it

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

Have you placed your RAMs correctly on slots A2 and B2 and not A1 and B1 ?

Did you try the XMP 2 mode (the XMP 2 respect default XMP timings, while the XMP 1 optimise XMP timings) ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast