Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    AISuite 3 and Fan Control

    The ASUS AISuite....after reading numerous posts, it seems like the best feature of this software is for Windows based fan control on demand, although fans can settings can also be tweaked in the BIOS/UEFI, right?

    I don't overclock and my fans are not loud and, as such, would rarely use any fan control feature. Is there any other reason to install AISuite3 with all of its bloated services it installs?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by bamajon1974; 06-19-2020 at 04:57 PM. Reason: error

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Jesseinsf PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW128GX4M4E3200C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Sound CardCreative Labs Sound Blaster AE-9
    MonitorSamsung 32" UH750 QLED UHD Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master MLX-D36M-A20PC-R1 w/ Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM x3 Fans
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1200 Platinum
    Keyboard RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE - LINEAR OPTICAL SWITCH (Red) w/ PBT Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate with Charging Dock
    Headset Bowers and Wilkins P9 Signature
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula V2 Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    OS Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    Accessory #2 Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM
    Jesseinsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    22
    Posts
    173

    Quote Originally Posted by bamajon1974 View Post
    The ASUS AISuite....after reading numerous posts, it seems like the best feature of this software is for Windows based fan control on demand, although fans can settings can also be tweaked in the BIOS/UEFI, right?

    I don't overclock and my fans are not loud and, as such, would rarely use any fan control feature. Is there any other reason to install AISuite3 with all of its bloated services it installs?

    Thanks!
    You can't overclock fans. Fan Xpert 4 allows you to more effectively regulate fan speeds over what the BIOS can do. It's more efficient. There is not enough EEPROM storage space for the BIOS to hold all the features that the motherboard is capable of. AISuite adds some of the features that the BIOS has plus the features that don't fit on the BIOS EEPROM chip. You can only see the extra features in AISuite within Windows. AISuite also allows you to fine tune overclocks of the CPU and RAM, Fine tune power settings, provide PC info that the BIOS reports, Rename and add custom images to BIOS files, view hardware stats like fan speeds, CPU speeds, temps and power, voltages, power consumption, ext. There is a PC Cleaner and updater as well.

    Basically you use Fan Xpert 4 to better control fan speeds when temperatures get to high. Fan Xpert 4 works better than the BIOS version. Lastly, one doesn't need to overclock their pc for this to be useful. Running an intensive application or game would allow you to monitor your pc and adjust fan speeds or set better power settings than what windows provides.
    Last edited by Jesseinsf; 06-19-2020 at 06:26 PM.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Thank you for the reply. I should have clarified...I meant that I have no intention of overclocking the processor or memory so I wondered if having fan control was still necessary.

    The AISuite does offer some nice hardware monitoring controls as well as a convenient way to update the BIOS. The intent of the question was whether I truly needed the AISuite since it has been reported to install all sorts of services and is somewhat bloated and I prefer more of a lean running computer. However, I have not read too many complaints about the stability of AISuite compared to Armory Crate which seems to be a mess (questions I also posed whether it is worth installing).

    Is there a way to install AISuite without the update feature which apparently does not work? Or remove it?


    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesseinsf View Post
    You can't overclock fans. Fan Xpert 4 allows you to more effectively regulate fan speeds over what the BIOS can do. It's more efficient. There is not enough EEPROM storage space for the BIOS to hold all the features that the motherboard is capable of. AISuite adds some of the features that the BIOS has plus the features that don't fit on the BIOS EEPROM chip. You can only see the extra features in AISuite within Windows. AISuite also allows you to fine tune overclocks of the CPU and RAM, Fine tune power settings, provide PC info that the BIOS reports, Rename and add custom images to BIOS files, view hardware stats like fan speeds, CPU speeds, temps and power, voltages, power consumption, ext. There is a PC Cleaner and updater as well.

    Basically you use Fan Xpert 4 to better control fan speeds when temperatures get to high. Fan Xpert 4 works better than the BIOS version. Lastly, one doesn't need to overclock their pc for this to be useful. Running an intensive application or game would allow you to monitor your pc and adjust fan speeds or set better power settings than what windows provides.

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array dayjob PC Specs
    dayjob PC Specs
    MotherboardZenith Extreme Alpha II
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
    Memory (part number)CMW64GX4M4K3600C18
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Titan RTX
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity sTR4
    CaseLian Li O11 Dynamic XL Rog
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Razer Hunstman Elite
    Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
    dayjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Does anyone know of any software that can control the fans attached through the motherboard and the fan extension board other than Asus? I know you can control the lights through other apps but I am not aware of anything for fan control. Also why is it so buggy to read any hardware values out of Asus's motherboards embedded controllers? So bad compared to any other controller but I do not understand why it makes things so unstable to read from it.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    I really liked AI Suits Fan Xpert, but since I updated Armoury crate and my Ryujin AIO last week, it became a total mess. I assume both software are in conflict and trying to get control over my AIO fans (Noctua and VRM Fan)

    After re-installing Ai Suit and initial fan test, fan Xpert didn't recognize my AIO anymore and it doesn't show up in the overview.
    Currently I control my AIO via armoury crate and my chassis fans with Fan Xpert, but that is not very comfortable.

    Anyone knows how I could fix that?

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by dayjob View Post
    Does anyone know of any software that can control the fans attached through the motherboard and the fan extension board other than Asus? I know you can control the lights through other apps but I am not aware of anything for fan control. Also why is it so buggy to read any hardware values out of Asus's motherboards embedded controllers? So bad compared to any other controller but I do not understand why it makes things so unstable to read from it.
    I wonder too. I posted a new thread asking the same question.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •