cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AISuite 3 and Fan Control

bamajon1974
Level 7
The ASUS AISuite....after reading numerous posts, it seems like the best feature of this software is for Windows based fan control on demand, although fans can settings can also be tweaked in the BIOS/UEFI, right?

I don't overclock and my fans are not loud and, as such, would rarely use any fan control feature. Is there any other reason to install AISuite3 with all of its bloated services it installs?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Jesseinsf
Level 10
bamajon1974 wrote:
The ASUS AISuite....after reading numerous posts, it seems like the best feature of this software is for Windows based fan control on demand, although fans can settings can also be tweaked in the BIOS/UEFI, right?

I don't overclock and my fans are not loud and, as such, would rarely use any fan control feature. Is there any other reason to install AISuite3 with all of its bloated services it installs?

Thanks!

You can't overclock fans. Fan Xpert 4 allows you to more effectively regulate fan speeds over what the BIOS can do. It's more efficient. There is not enough EEPROM storage space for the BIOS to hold all the features that the motherboard is capable of. AISuite adds some of the features that the BIOS has plus the features that don't fit on the BIOS EEPROM chip. You can only see the extra features in AISuite within Windows. AISuite also allows you to fine tune overclocks of the CPU and RAM, Fine tune power settings, provide PC info that the BIOS reports, Rename and add custom images to BIOS files, view hardware stats like fan speeds, CPU speeds, temps and power, voltages, power consumption, ext. There is a PC Cleaner and updater as well.

Basically you use Fan Xpert 4 to better control fan speeds when temperatures get to high. Fan Xpert 4 works better than the BIOS version. Lastly, one doesn't need to overclock their pc for this to be useful. Running an intensive application or game would allow you to monitor your pc and adjust fan speeds or set better power settings than what windows provides.

Thank you for the reply. I should have clarified...I meant that I have no intention of overclocking the processor or memory so I wondered if having fan control was still necessary.

The AISuite does offer some nice hardware monitoring controls as well as a convenient way to update the BIOS. The intent of the question was whether I truly needed the AISuite since it has been reported to install all sorts of services and is somewhat bloated and I prefer more of a lean running computer. However, I have not read too many complaints about the stability of AISuite compared to Armory Crate which seems to be a mess (questions I also posed whether it is worth installing).

Is there a way to install AISuite without the update feature which apparently does not work? Or remove it?

Thanks!

Jesseinsf wrote:
You can't overclock fans. Fan Xpert 4 allows you to more effectively regulate fan speeds over what the BIOS can do. It's more efficient. There is not enough EEPROM storage space for the BIOS to hold all the features that the motherboard is capable of. AISuite adds some of the features that the BIOS has plus the features that don't fit on the BIOS EEPROM chip. You can only see the extra features in AISuite within Windows. AISuite also allows you to fine tune overclocks of the CPU and RAM, Fine tune power settings, provide PC info that the BIOS reports, Rename and add custom images to BIOS files, view hardware stats like fan speeds, CPU speeds, temps and power, voltages, power consumption, ext. There is a PC Cleaner and updater as well.

Basically you use Fan Xpert 4 to better control fan speeds when temperatures get to high. Fan Xpert 4 works better than the BIOS version. Lastly, one doesn't need to overclock their pc for this to be useful. Running an intensive application or game would allow you to monitor your pc and adjust fan speeds or set better power settings than what windows provides.

dayjob
Level 9
Does anyone know of any software that can control the fans attached through the motherboard and the fan extension board other than Asus? I know you can control the lights through other apps but I am not aware of anything for fan control. Also why is it so buggy to read any hardware values out of Asus's motherboards embedded controllers? So bad compared to any other controller but I do not understand why it makes things so unstable to read from it.

I really liked AI Suits Fan Xpert, but since I updated Armoury crate and my Ryujin AIO last week, it became a total mess. I assume both software are in conflict and trying to get control over my AIO fans (Noctua and VRM Fan)

After re-installing Ai Suit and initial fan test, fan Xpert didn't recognize my AIO anymore and it doesn't show up in the overview.
Currently I control my AIO via armoury crate and my chassis fans with Fan Xpert, but that is not very comfortable.

Anyone knows how I could fix that?

dayjob wrote:
Does anyone know of any software that can control the fans attached through the motherboard and the fan extension board other than Asus? I know you can control the lights through other apps but I am not aware of anything for fan control. Also why is it so buggy to read any hardware values out of Asus's motherboards embedded controllers? So bad compared to any other controller but I do not understand why it makes things so unstable to read from it.

I wonder too. I posted a new thread asking the same question.