Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Correct me if I`m wrong but looks like there is a new option for setting voltage cap for VCCIO and SA voltages in BIOS 0901. Someone with older BIOS should verify that.

New BIOS 0901 doesnt solve anything with regard to hard freezing problem but these new options are useful for setting max voltages rather than fixing them. It is useful because if I dont set those voltages to 1.1V they go up to 1.5V which is too high and I believe it leads to hard freezes. Would be good to hear from other owners.

Link for 0901:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-feature-OCTVB

New ROGer Array

0901 BIOS is officially released. Did anyone have a chance to try regarding hard freezing?

New ROGer Array

Did advance replacement RMA, still getting freezes with XMP enabled on A16 board

Hi guys, just about given up.

Did advance replacement RMA through ASUS customer support and they sent me an A16 board (??), which I assume is a new version?

It still freezes and is unstable with XMP enabled or anything above ~2600Mhz even with loosened timings. Such a headache. ((

Let me know what you guys think.

New ROGer Array

@corneliusV1999 Sorry to hear that. Could you please check your System Agent Voltage? (you can use BIOS or HWiNFO64 on Windows).

I'm at a point of repeating myself but I think the problem here is with SA and VCCIO voltage choices of Asus. SA voltage on my board stays at 1.504V when using XMP (which is extremely high! should be around 1V). This 'bug' is also mentioned in this review repeatedly:

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/..._aorus_ultra/5

I think Asus is aware of this problem since Auto Voltage Cap feature just arrived with 0901 BIOS but somehow they can't do anything definitive about it.

New ROGer Array

With new build I set the auto max slightly above what I had been running at (about 1.25 and 1.2), but still end up getting hard freezes at max XMP setting (3600 CL16). Haven't tried dialing back yet since they've haven't been showing up regularly enough, usually just when I step away from the PC. Interestingly, they do seem to happen when I am away from the computer, which might be from some sleep state or something.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by umdogan View Post
    0901 BIOS is officially released. Did anyone have a chance to try regarding hard freezing?
    No freezes any more so far with 0901, there is a beta 1002 on their site now, but since I don't have any issues, I'm not going to test a beta.

New ROGer Array

Asus seem finally know the memory issue and have a solution.

Forum link

https://zentalk.asus.com/zh/discussi...95%8F%E9%A1%8C

Posted on 11/25 AL_Asus reply
    Google Translate
    Regarding your ROG strix z490i gaming memory problem, the relevant units have already improved methods, but you need your assistance in sending the equipment to the repair center for inspection and repair. If it is sent to the repair center, please help provide the repair order number for your benefit. The editor will assist you in confirming the repair progress, thank you.
    Last edited by MecherKane; 12-01-2020 at 08:16 AM.

New ROGer Array

TL;DR - no joy with the latest 0901 BIOS.

I'm using ADATA DDR4-3600 (16GB x 2).

I tried to enable XMP 1 using a conservative DDR4-3200 (ASUS assigned 18-20-20 timings) with the 0901 bios. No changes made to the default voltages. It was running fine for a couple of hours but the inevitable happened. I have now disabled XMP (reverted to "auto").

If it helps, the system was stable until I put it to sleep. I even managed to run a couple of 3dmark Time Spy iterations successfully. After waking it from sleep, it was fine for several minutes before it rebooted (ironically, when I was just about to post that XMP 1 appeared to be stable).

Now back to 2666Mhz.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MecherKane View Post
    Asus seem finally know the memory issue and have a solution.

Forum link

https://zentalk.asus.com/zh/discussi...95%8F%E9%A1%8C

Posted on 11/25 AL_Asus reply
    Google Translate
    Regarding your ROG strix z490i gaming memory problem, the relevant units have already improved methods, but you need your assistance in sending the equipment to the repair center for inspection and repair. If it is sent to the repair center, please help provide the repair order number for your benefit. The editor will assist you in confirming the repair progress, thank you.
    Reading that thread it sure sounds like the solution is "trust us and RMA", but I'd like to hear something from an ASUS rep on this forum as well, plus an offering of a cross-ship RMA as I am unwilling to wait for covid-timeline for a functional PC. This is my primary workstation as well as a gaming machine.

New ROGer Array

Same issue for me.
    XMP activated : random freezes...
    XMP disabled : stable...
    ASUS needs definitively something to do something to fix this. This problem remembers me similar bug of nightmare I had long time ago with the Asus p4s8x mobo... Asus never fixed it to date...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast