Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Array

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k0eosmwdt8jwjb/test.rar?dl=0
    can u test this and see if it solves issue?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    No improvement here. Tried both XMP I and II, with MCE enabled and disabled.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for posting. Just tried and no, it does not resolve. Still good with 1 DIMM, stuck on POST with 2 DIMMs.

In fact, even worse - previously I could enable XMP on 1 DIMM and it worked OK.

Now XMP is not working at all.

Tried with Crucial and Kingston

New ROGer Array

Actually, this is showing improvement for me!

Loading XMP I on my build I am now able to pass realbench handbrake section with no crash as well as Intel XTU stress test with no crash. I'll fool around more this weekend to see if any random crashes occur, as well as with XMP II and other memory settings.

I didn't change anything besides XMP in my bios, but I am running a slightly overclocked setup. Previous crashes occurred with CPU load line set to both 3 and 4, and with my current setup I'm at 2 with the 10900K multipliers set to 53x 4 core, 50x 5 core, 49x 10 core (I've just been letting AI Suite with AI Overclock do everything for me over the past week since I haven't had time to manually tune, it adjusted both multiplier and load line). Manually changing load line to 4 just now didn't cause a crash either. My XMP gets me to 3600 MHz CL16 on 2x16GB sticks no issues now.

Here are all my settings (all of them auto set), sorry for screenshot bomb

Last edited by morello1n; 07-03-2020 at 10:35 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just adding my 2 cents to this thread.

Just finished building with the z490-I strix and 10900k. I use two sticks of 16GB Corsair memory (CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 DIMM Desktop Memory Kit).

I have enabled XMP 1 with Intel stock settings on the mobo with bios 0607. I get the advertised 3200MHz speed. I've run two games and haven't had any BSODs till now. I am yet to run stress tests.

If I can run some tests that will be helpful to verify if other Z490-I boards have a problem, let me know what I should run.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by morello1n View Post
    Actually, this is showing improvement for me!

Loading XMP I on my build I am now able to pass realbench handbrake section with no crash as well as Intel XTU stress test with no crash. I'll fool around more this weekend to see if any random crashes occur, as well as with XMP II and other memory settings.
    This is good news! So you're completely stable with XMP enabled? Any crashes since you posted this?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I just bought this board last weekend. Haven't used it yet because my CPU is on backorder. Oh well, back to the store it goes.
    Last edited by Snaptrap; 07-07-2020 at 10:54 PM.

New ROGer Array

Unhappy

This didn't fix it. Still can't pass an intel XTU stress test with XMP enabled. Appreciate the help though. Any thoughts on what to do @Shamino?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by corneliusV1999 View Post
    This is good news! So you're completely stable with XMP enabled? Any crashes since you posted this?
    Nothing related to memory! I've been simultaneously working on undervolting my GPU to get better temps since I have a non-optimal blower fan right now which caused a few, but they were just game-only crashes (not full system) obviously due to GPU and not anything else...

ROG Member Array

Just an FYI to those having this issue. My first Z490-I would freeze when installing windows when there were two stick of RAM installed. I RMA'ed this board and promptly bought a second board, that board had random freezing issues that got much worse when XMP I or II was enabled. ASUS replaced the first board and I swapped it out today and it was able to pass the XTU stress test with XMP I enabled. Will be RMA'ing the second board as well.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast