cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate / Rog Service Crashing Access Violation Error

Jrg91
Level 7
Hi,
A few days back, the armory crate app kept crashing and it kept flashing on the screen with the perfomance/ silent mode pop up depending what app I was using. The screen brightness caused by the changing power mode (App vs win) would change the brightness of the screen. So I looked into it.
As it was already broke I uninstalled Armory Crate and the ROG live services and installed them fresh from the My Asus downloads. This did not work. After some attempts. I've tried to uninstall them and the traces using Revo and this keeps leaving me with the crashes.

I have the log below. I have tried a rest (keeping personal files) of windows. I have a backup image of my files should a re-install of windows be in order.

I also have dumps and the logs below. Looks like an access violation exception in the dll of aura service (possibly caused by the user session helper) I'm wondering if this is accessing a updated driver. As I had updates when all this happened.

I've been struggling for some time puzzled and trying to work this out. I noticed the uninstaller for AC leaves traces so maybe there's something my eyes and revo didn't pick up.

I was curious on one attempt and removed aura service .dll just to see what would happen. It moved onto the next dll in the files with another access violation message. I think if I reset and updated I would face this again due to it acessing memory used by a driver?

I did thought I had fixed this once by installing the right visual studio C++ distro but this failed after a few moments 😞

Thanks

Application: ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFFD3DB532C

Faulting application name: ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe, version: 2.6.4.0, time stamp: 0x5e180de5
Faulting module name: AuraPlugin.dll, version: 2.6.4.0, time stamp: 0x5e1eb849
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000003532c
Faulting process ID: 0x260c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d647e506a5242e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service\ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service\AuraPlugIn\AuraPlugin.dll
Report ID: 67bfdfc5-1467-4340-96e6-5b525bc608c0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
0 REPLIES 0