Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array andreacos92 PC Specs
    andreacos92 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G751JY-T7134H
    MotherboardAsus G751JY (Intel HM87 Chipset) with Custom BIOS
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-4710HQ @ 3.8 GHz (1.24 V) all 4 cores & cache
    Memory (part number)16 GB DDR3L HiperX @ 2133 MHz CL11-12-13
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 980M 4GB GDDR5 with Custom VBIOS @ 1400/5800 MHz (1.162 V)
    MonitorStock 17.3" IPS 1080p @ 90 Hz
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500 GB (W10 Pro)
    Storage #2SanDisk SSD 128 GB (Linux) - Hitachi HDD 1 TB 7200 rpm
    CPU CoolerStock cooler with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal compound
    CaseStock with Air Intake Mod
    Power SupplyDell 330 W
    OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Manjaro XFCE
    andreacos92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon.19 View Post
    Thank you, that one works great! Why is there no manual control slider though? With the other profile I could set the fans to 100% myself regardless of temperature. Would it be possible with this one too?
    EDIT: Actually I can't do it with old profile now either, I messed something up didn't I
    Yep, it's possible from the main GUI of NBFC, once you click on Enabled

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k5iqDLa.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	85534

    Make sure that NbfcService is running in Windows Services, I suggest you to set it on Automatic startup. This will start only the service, doesn't mean that NBFC is controlling your fans; if you disable it from the GUI it will stay off

  2. #32
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    16
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by andreacos92 View Post
    Yep, it's possible from the main GUI of NBFC, once you click on Enabled

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k5iqDLa.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	85534

    Make sure that NbfcService is running in Windows Services, I suggest you to set it on Automatic startup. This will start only the service, doesn't mean that NBFC is controlling your fans; if you disable it from the GUI it will stay off
    Yeah it was bugged for some reason but it works now. I turned them both too 100% and damn, it sounds like a jet engine and temps went down drastically too.
    But the laptop turned off after 3-4 minutes, no idea why.

  3. #33
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array andreacos92 PC Specs
    andreacos92 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G751JY-T7134H
    MotherboardAsus G751JY (Intel HM87 Chipset) with Custom BIOS
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-4710HQ @ 3.8 GHz (1.24 V) all 4 cores & cache
    Memory (part number)16 GB DDR3L HiperX @ 2133 MHz CL11-12-13
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 980M 4GB GDDR5 with Custom VBIOS @ 1400/5800 MHz (1.162 V)
    MonitorStock 17.3" IPS 1080p @ 90 Hz
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500 GB (W10 Pro)
    Storage #2SanDisk SSD 128 GB (Linux) - Hitachi HDD 1 TB 7200 rpm
    CPU CoolerStock cooler with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal compound
    CaseStock with Air Intake Mod
    Power SupplyDell 330 W
    OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Manjaro XFCE
    andreacos92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon.19 View Post
    Yeah it was bugged for some reason but it works now. I turned them both too 100% and damn, it sounds like a jet engine and temps went down drastically too.
    But the laptop turned off after 3-4 minutes, no idea why.
    If you put them to 100% manually through the sliders, my suggestion is to set them to 98% and not 100%, as I said before and like my config file. The speed is the same (it's in the maximum range/state) but it should avoid strange behaviour like sudden shutdowns.

    Yes, at maximum speed it looks like it's ready to take off Probably the best compromise would be a middle ground between last and second-last speeds, but there aren't.

  4. #34
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    16
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by andreacos92 View Post
    If you put them to 100% manually through the sliders, my suggestion is to set them to 98% and not 100%, as I said before and like my config file. The speed is the same (it's in the maximum range/state) but it should avoid strange behaviour like sudden shutdowns.

    Yes, at maximum speed it looks like it's ready to take off Probably the best compromise would be a middle ground between last and second-last speeds, but there aren't.
    Alrighty, I'll try 98% then. And thank you for all the help mate, you've really helped a lot. I'd add to your rep, but it won't let me because I already did it recently .

  5. #35
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array andreacos92 PC Specs
    andreacos92 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G751JY-T7134H
    MotherboardAsus G751JY (Intel HM87 Chipset) with Custom BIOS
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-4710HQ @ 3.8 GHz (1.24 V) all 4 cores & cache
    Memory (part number)16 GB DDR3L HiperX @ 2133 MHz CL11-12-13
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 980M 4GB GDDR5 with Custom VBIOS @ 1400/5800 MHz (1.162 V)
    MonitorStock 17.3" IPS 1080p @ 90 Hz
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500 GB (W10 Pro)
    Storage #2SanDisk SSD 128 GB (Linux) - Hitachi HDD 1 TB 7200 rpm
    CPU CoolerStock cooler with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal compound
    CaseStock with Air Intake Mod
    Power SupplyDell 330 W
    OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Manjaro XFCE
    andreacos92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    105

    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon.19 View Post
    Alrighty, I'll try 98% then. And thank you for all the help mate, you've really helped a lot. I'd add to your rep, but it won't let me because I already did it recently .
    Ahahah thank you anyway!

    And you're welcome, at a point I was feeling like this was my G751

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •