cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all keyboard keys work after shutdown on TUF GAMING X570-PLUS.

PerfectImbecile
Level 7
System:

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
AMD Rizen 3900X
32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHZ
DAS Keyboard DKPKDK4

I just built this system last week and I have a weird problem with this system where, when I completely shut down the system and later power back up, not all keyboard keys work in Windows 10 2004. All numeric keys work except 8. The top row of letters works except O. Virtually nothing on the bottom row of letters works.

If I simply unplug the keyboard and plug it back in, the problem is solved. I need to do this after every complete shutdown. The problem does not appear after a soft reset.

I have used this keyboard with other computers and had no problems.
14 REPLIES 14

RedSector73
Level 12
New BIOS out try today, try updating and see if the issue is still present
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/HelpDesk_BIOS/

I don't see a new bios there. Still 1407, which I'm already using.

Thanks.

Anyone tried this yet? Hopefully this won't be a FUBAR version.

Ok., I am running the new bios, version 2203.

It did NOT fix the problem.

I still need to disconnect and reconnect my keyboard when entering Windows after every full system shutdown.

PerfectImbecile wrote:
I still need to disconnect and reconnect my keyboard when entering Windows after every full system shutdown.

I would recommend you use ASUS ticket support if your not already.

Do they make any specific software for this keyboard and are you using USB3.0 plug in to the motherboard ?

I may try an Asus support ticket, although I haven't yet been able to find where to do that.

The keyboard does not have any specific drivers available. I have it plugged into the USB 2.0 ports next to the PS2 port, but I have also tried USB 3 ports with the same result.

I've noticed something new - I can unplug and re-plug the keyboard when the computer is completely off and it'll boot up fine and work. So, this "reset" works even when the computer is completely off.

I have a lot of problems with the sound using an ASUS D2X and ASUS TUF x570, worst experience ever and ASUS don't fix it...

PerfectImbecile wrote:
I may try an Asus support ticket, although I haven't yet been able to find where to do that.

https://www.asus.com/support/Product/ContactUs/Services/questionform/?lang=en-US
make sure it's your region and raise as a technical problem, select your motherboard or enter the serial number. Make sure to provide all details. And exactly the issue and fix that works. It sounds like BIOS handoff issue to Windows 10 but let them decide that. Don't get emotional or make threats, stick to the facts and expect first response will be clarification or additional information needed, second it will be sent to global, third will the guys that can fix it (typically when it goes to plan)

The reason I mentioned the 3.0 usb is that it is mentioned in the manual as required for all functions to work correctly.

Hope you find this of help.