cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Water Cooling Advice

xyper_G
Level 7
Hi fellow pc enthusiast..Im planning to make a water cooling in my system.I have a asus mobo crosshair V formula with a Amd FX8120 processor running at 4.6 ghz (OC) with Corsair H100 cooling on it And also a Asus Radeon HD6970 DCII w/ 940mhz (OC),
planning for a crossfire. corsair vengeance 1600 8gb memory.
this are the components i want to water cool and if possible i want also the memory will include in the loop..

I cannot decide what will be the best for all of that and also my the loop that im planning.
here is my question.

1.what brands and components will be the best for my plans?
2.is there a possibility for my Video card to be watercool, bcos I search there are no full waterblock for it.
3.for my loop im planning like these, res - pump - rad 360 - cpu - mem - rad 120 - vga - res.
Im open in any advice for the loop.

My budget is open in any price so please help me guys to decide...Thankz in advance more power to Asus and to everyone.:o
5 REPLIES 5

InnervateD
Level 10
I've always loved the EK stuff and their stuff has always been top notch.

WHO_FARTED_
Level 10
yep ek or swiftech for the cpu. your gpu http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_971_240_579&product... or something similar. i dont think i would bother with the ram, sometimes they use 1/4" inlets which means you have to split a line and just adds more work for a small gain. And the block for ram aren't always easy to attach. Everybody has a different opinion on how it should be run, me i like pump-> rad-> cpu-> gpu-> pump. some will say dont run straight from cpu to gpu but i dont notice a difference on mine.

I post something here a moment ago and it's not here anymore ? Anyway I was saying that for a first build you can try with the CPU only, the GPU as a already a real good cooler, the RAM don't need WC, I also say that I like EK HF and Koolance block, but I found the mounting kit better on the koolance.

WHO_FARTED? wrote:
yep ek or swiftech for the cpu. your gpu http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_971_240_579&product... or something similar. i dont think i would bother with the ram, sometimes they use 1/4" inlets which means you have to split a line and just adds more work for a small gain. And the block for ram aren't always easy to attach. Everybody has a different opinion on how it should be run, me i like pump-> rad-> cpu-> gpu-> pump. some will say dont run straight from cpu to gpu but i dont notice a difference on mine.

about the gpu water block is that sure it will fit to the my gpu,bcos in the ek compatibility site it say they will not make a full block on it and the options only is the uni block for 6970....pls..confirm before i buy.thankz:cool:

yea. your right. thats what they say. Im not sure what is different about the asus layout but that block will work on other asus 6970's.

Guess its not a reference card. they make a non reference waterblock but dont list any compatibilities. which falls short of why you make a product in the first place.