cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wave MaxxAudio does not work at Windows 10 version 2004 - again! G751JY

Sanctrum
Level 9
Hi,
ROG G751JY - the latest Windows 10 2004 again broke MaxxAudio at Realtek drivers. If one goes to C:\Program Files\Waves and starts the app... all you can see is the empty white window.

Reinstallation of Realtek driver does not help - I've tried many versions:
Audio_G11CB_G11CD_v6017586
Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017576
Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017469
Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017496

Also if one goes to installation folder at driver package... with Waves. If one uninstall MaxxAudio, it CAN'T be again installed due to error: "This software is not supported on the current device".
To install it again one must reinstall entire driver... but it still does not fix the initial problem with empty white window.

So again thanks to MS we have broken audio at laptops.

At Windows 10 1909 all were working OK.

Any help appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

Sanctrum
Level 9
Ehh, Looks I have fixed it:
1. I have unistalled manualy Realtek drivers.
2. Installed Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017469 again (but at Windows 10 v 2004)- what brings back C:\Program Files\Waves\Maxxaudio folder
3. I have uploaded to registry the old keys I had backup from Windows 8.1 time...
And it works again! 🙂

reg file below:

P.S. And I have recreated the link to C:\Program Files\Waves\MaxxAudio\MaxxAudioControl64.exe

Cannot see where your reg file is! Can you help?

Sanctrum
Level 9
Update:
One can install dedicated Win 10 drivers from Asus g751jy support site... Audio_Realtek_Win10_64_VER6017576.
But in this case MaxxAudio app displays just white window.

After applying registry file at previous post and reboot MaxxAudio is working again.

toronto699
Level 13
Thanks For The Info

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

I added the support for ASUS ROG MaxxAudio notebooks (also desktops compatible) in my HDA drivers thread for notebooks.

So, if you have a ASUS ROG MaxxAudio Notebooks/Desktops :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG MaxxAudio) from my HDA drivers thread for notebooks. Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG MaxxAudio notebook/desktop.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

I added the support for ASUS ROG MaxxAudio notebooks (also desktops compatible) in my HDA drivers thread for notebooks.

So, if you have a ASUS ROG MaxxAudio Notebooks/Desktops and that you want the latest Realtek Audio Drivers v6.0.8821.1 WHQL [22/10/2019] :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG MaxxAudio) from my HDA drivers thread for notebooks. Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process with cleanup step, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG MaxxAudio notebook/desktop.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

So, if you have a ASUS ROG MaxxAudio Notebooks/Desktops and that you want the latest Realtek Audio Drivers v6.0.8821.1 WHQL [22/10/2019] :

I can't install MaxxAudio package from AUDIO_ASUS_ROG_MaxxAudio_HDA_v2.7.12253.1 over g715JY and Win 10 ver 2004... since the error is the same: This software is not supported on the current device.
However I did not perform the drivers cleanup.
Have you tested it over win 10 ver 2004?

Sanctrum wrote:
I can't install MaxxAudio package from AUDIO_ASUS_ROG_MaxxAudio_HDA_v2.7.12253.1 over g715JY and Win 10 ver 2004... since the error is the same: This software is not supported on the current device.

Hi,

You need to follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

EDIT : The MaxxAudio app is automatically installed with the drivers package in the INSTALL process.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Sanctrum wrote:

Hi,

The MaxxAudio app is automatically installed with the drivers package in the INSTALL process.

You need to follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.