cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA no longer launching on startup

PimpChicken
Level 7
Not sure if this is due to a change in Windows, but the Lighting Service is no longer applying my chosen settings when I start the computer. I have to launch AURA once, and then it applies properly.

I recently did a clean install of Windows so there shouldn't be anything conflicting.

I've always been annoyed by this - why can't the RGB settings just be saved to the GPU itself? It's ridiculous because often when the machine is powered down and started up again, it will briefly flash my chosen colour before going back to pulsing red. Why clear the "memory" of what was already there?
3 REPLIES 3

donsspam87
Level 7
I have the same issue, given your question was posted at the end of june and there hasnt been a single reply, im guessing this forum is dead?

donsspam87 wrote:
I have the same issue, given your question was posted at the end of june and there hasnt been a single reply, im guessing this forum is dead?

I’m not sure what fixed it but the problem seems to have gone away by itself (maybe a recent Windows update?) All I can say is try updating everything to the latest and see if you notice a change.

Mine starts for a brief second then shuts off, I have to manually start it every time I start Windows. I am somewhat vision-impaired and need the backlight, so I will remember this when I choose my next laptop. :mad: