cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth receiver conflicts between devices

littlewilly
Level 7
I'm having a huge issue with two blue tooth devices. I have bluetooth head phones and a blue tooth keyboard, the blue tooth keyboard works; although it only works when the blue tooth receiver for the blue tooth headphones is plugged into the USB port, the keyboard and the headphones will not work when the bluetooth receiver which is strictly for the headphones is not plugged into a USB port on the motherboard board which is an Asus motherboard.

The Asus motherboard has bluetooth 5.0 therefore making it backward compatible; why do I need the USB bluetooth receiver which is strictly for the headphones when the motherboard should be the receiver as it is bluetooth 5.0 ? The other related problem is the head phones have crackling when playing, since the headphones are bluetooth 4.0 once again, the receiver should be bluetooth 5.0 which is on the motherboard therefore I should be able to remove the bluetooth 4.0 USB receiver and both devices should work, as well as the audio should have no crackling when playing; but that is not the case.

This headache has been for days and I don't know how to resolve it, I've installed and uninstalled drivers from the motherboard CD, including downloading drivers from the web site, nothing solves the problem whereas both devices work and the receiver is only the 5.0 bluetooth from the motherboard.

Here is a screen capture of my bluetooth installed drivers, hoping it helps.

2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
The down arrow on Intel Wireless means disabled. It might be because you plugged in another Bluetooth receiver but if you remove the USB and it's still disabled try enabling it and see if there is an error message.

Also, I recommend posting in the sub-section of the forum for your motherboard and listing your specs. That way other people who have the same hardware may be able to compare experience.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
The down arrow on Intel Wireless means disabled. It might be because you plugged in another Bluetooth receiver but if you remove the USB and it's still disabled try enabling it and see if there is an error message.

Also, I recommend posting in the sub-section of the forum for your motherboard and listing your specs. That way other people who have the same hardware may be able to compare experience.

I forgot to mention that I had disabled the driver which is shown in the screen capture with a down arrow. I had to disable the driver otherwise I would face conflicts between the USB 4.0 Bluetooth transmitter / receiver and that specific intel bluetooth driver.

I just want to get this working, but it seems to be a real mountain to climb. What do you mean by; the sub-section of the forum for your mother board ?