cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off "Install Armoury Crate" popup on Windows 10 restarts

Slick8791
Level 7
Can anyone tell me how to stop receiving notifications to install Armoury Crate every time I startup my laptop (G752VT)? I prefer to use the older Armoury software and do not want this app version forced on my end.

9 REPLIES 9

Slick8791
Level 7
Silence is very loud... 😞

lol, uninstall or update it.

RedSector73 wrote:
lol, uninstall or update it.

LOL, Yeah updating will make it go away for sure but I've never installed it in the first place in order to Un-install it...?!

If you never installed it, that easier problem. Jump in the bios and look, there is option to turn it off on motherboards anyway.

RedSector73 wrote:
If you never installed it, that easier problem. Jump in the bios and look, there is option to turn it off on motherboards anyway.

No such luck. I have a G752VT laptop with latest BIOS and I saw nothing in there that would indicate how to turn it off.

I don't know what your BIOS looks like, but on my desktop machine, it's under Tools > Asus Armory Crate > Download & Install Armory Crate app. But, since yours is a laptop, I'm wondering if it's some un-uninstallable bloatware. Assuming you're using Windows 10, is there anything on the Start menu, under Control Panel > Programs & Features, or under Settings > Apps?

Slick8791
Level 7
I figured it out. The ROGLSLoaderUI service was set to Automatic. I changed it to Manual and it fixed it. Not sure how, why, when or where this free "service" was installed on my laptop...kind of irritating to be honest.

It's in the BIOS/UEFI firmware.

cekeu
Level 12
Slick8791 wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to stop receiving notifications to install Armoury Crate every time I startup my laptop (G752VT)? I prefer to use the older Armoury software and do not want this app version forced on my end.

Take the time to navigate your motherboard BIOS and you will find the option to disable it on boot.