ROG Junior Member Array

Asus PA278QV for Gaming / Photography?

I'm moving from a 10+ year old widescreen, I suspect either of these would rock, but I've got a few questions and can't find good answers:

https://www.newegg.ca/asus-pa278qv-2...82E16824281062
    https://www.newegg.ca/black-asus-tuf...82E16824236987

I have a GTX 1070 and do some photo work, so I'm looking for Gsync support (if possible) and sRGB accuracy. No 70% colour gamuts. My card isn't good enough for 120+ fps in most games, so I really don't care about ultra high refresh rates. But if my framerate drops, it'd be great to have that extra smoothness of not having to conform to 16.667ms refresh windows. I think 75hz would be fine, as long as I had Gsync, which I can't seem to confirm due to the newness of the monitor?

Is there another similarly priced monitor that I should look at? Colour quality is top priority, 1440p, then gsync. I don't need 4k. 27in is about the largest that will fit my workspace.

Thanks.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

It's tough to find a pro monitor that supports gsync. It's an extra cost that the typical pro doesn't need. You might find a display with Adaptive Sync (FreeSync) which now works with Nvidia cards 10 series and up. And the ProArt does support adaptive sync so if you like that display it should do what you need.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Junior Member Array

The only problem is there's different grades/implementations of Adaptive Sync, and some are rather lackluster. While some are the full GSync experience, and others are fine, some also don't make the cut and have no compatibility. That's what I'm hoping to avoid when dropping $500+ on a monitor. (After tax)

The ASUS PA278QV is currently missing from nVidia's list...
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...onitors/specs/

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Yeah, FWIW I believe the compatible list is just what Nvidia has tested. Displays marketed to pros are less likely to get tested than gaming displays in the first place so it will be challenging to use that list for reference. You *might* be able to find user reviews for some of the displays you are considering that mention the viability of g-sync but that's going to take more digging.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kramy View Post
    The only problem is there's different grades/implementations of Adaptive Sync, and some are rather lackluster. While some are the full GSync experience, and others are fine, some also don't make the cut and have no compatibility. That's what I'm hoping to avoid when dropping $500+ on a monitor. (After tax)

The ASUS PA278QV is currently missing from nVidia's list...
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...onitors/specs/
    Yeah, for new 2020 designs I might be out of luck unless they're popular and tested by known reviewers. In this case I think I'll have to wait until there's more purchase reviews and professional reviews. Maybe I'll reach out to a few LCD review companies and see if it's on their list to look at.

Thanks for the suggestions.