CPU CoolerCOOLER MASTER
    Keyboard ASUS ROG STRIX SCOPE
    Mouse ROG GLADIUS CORE II
    Headset ROG THETA 7.1
    Mouse Pad XTRFY HEATON EDITION
    Headset/Speakers ROG THETA 7.1
    OS WINDOWS 10

Rog theta 7.1 Settings

Hello everyone! i have a question about the Theta 7.1 headset. Are you supposed to use the spatial sound on in the windows settings? And the virtual surround sound on in the Armoury crate?

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

There isn't a need for spatial sound effects, those are mainly for people with stereo (2-channel) headphones. Same goes for virtual surround, no need for that either since you already have real physical surround channels.

Quote Originally Posted by baddarnbror View Post
    Hello everyone! i have a question about the Theta 7.1 headset. Are you supposed to use the spatial sound on in the windows settings? And the virtual surround sound on in the Armoury crate?

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    There isn't a need for spatial sound effects, those are mainly for people with stereo (2-channel) headphones. Same goes for virtual surround, no need for that either since you already have real physical surround channels.
    It would be nice if not almost all profiles from Armoury Crate would have virtual surround turned on. Not to mention I can't find any default profile that is somewhat ok. Turning off virtual surround drops volume to half or less, EQ settings are just terrible, voice clarity changes timber, compressor (loudness equalization) is worse than default from windows, bass boost I just keep it turned off. Than again I would give up using Armoury Crate, but with default windows drivers there is no LFE channel, so 7.1 is actually 7.0.

Bottom line, no matter what I do which driver I use, windows default or sonic studio slapped on top, the experience so far it's terrible. At this point I would just throw this headphone at the wall and forget it, but it was a very expensive.

Please give us a default profile with the most accurate sound reproduction this headphone can provide for games/music/movies. A good start would be no virtual surround, all flat except a tuned EQ and compressor set to a level you think is generally ok.

Thanks