cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Formula New Bios 2103

Super_Gnome
Level 11
There is a new bios, 2103, released 2020/06/29.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Formula/HelpDesk_Download/

Currently downloading it online via Asus EZ Flash 3 Utility doesn't work though. If you try, you get the message: File not found. Server connection failed.

Anyone else having, or not having this issue?

Regardless, you can still download it and copy it to a usb stick and then install it that way. It seems to work fine, though, in my case.
24 REPLIES 24

XIIIIX
Level 7
Updated via Flashback. Via bios message "Not a UEFI bios"
So far it works fine.
Next days will be spend time on memory tweaking (4x16gB dual sided B-die of the first gen)
XII

XIIIIX wrote:
Updated via Flashback. Via bios message "Not a UEFI bios"
So far it works fine.
Next days will be spend time on memory tweaking (4x16gB dual sided B-die of the first gen)

Been fiddling around with memory and settings.
No gains or improvements versus the 2010, and still the same trouble with the Aquantia network stability 😮

4x 16 B-die still troublesome above 3200 @C14
XII

XIIIIX wrote:
4x 16 B-die still troublesome above 3200 @C14

Can you screenshot a read from Thaiphoon Burner.
Have you tried than importing your RAM report from Thaiphoon Burner into Ryzen DRAM calculator ?

RedSector73 wrote:
Can you screenshot a read from Thaiphoon Burner.
Have you tried than importing your RAM report from Thaiphoon Burner into Ryzen DRAM calculator ?

Yep, I did.
4 sticks C14 keep crashing, regardles voltage etc.
I`ll stick to two for the moment.

Other "new" thing is, when upping the FSB manual to 100.2 or 100.4 which both where stable, and helped mem-stability, dynamic core-clocking doesn`t work anymore. Core-speed stays @38x and doesn`t go 45 anymore (1Usmus old/new and AMD energy-plan)
XII

Baio73
Level 8
Super Gnome wrote:
There is a new bios, 2103, released 2020/06/29.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Formula/HelpDesk_Download/

Currently downloading it online via Asus EZ Flash 3 Utility doesn't work though. If you try, you get the message: File not found. Server connection failed.

Anyone else having, or not having this issue?

Regardless, you can still download it and copy it to a usb stick and then install it that way. It seems to work fine, though, in my case.

Only 2010 in this link... maybe they removed it.

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Weird if you can't see it. It's still there for me.

Version 2103
2020/06/2919.05 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA BIOS 2103
"01. Improve system performance.
02. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.0.0.2

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C8F.CAP) using

I found it and downloaded it today!

Will install this evening - fingers crossed it helps stability...

wyliec2 wrote:
I found it and downloaded it today!

Will install this evening - fingers crossed it helps stability...

FWIW - I installed 2103 on 7/1 and have not had a freeze or unexpected restart since (hope I didn't just jinx myself!).

It did seem to screw up my saved BIOS profiles - when it restarted after BIOS update it was at defaults (no XMP, PBO, etc). When I loaded a saved profile a lot of changes were marked as changing to [] null?? In any case I tried loading one and it immediately crashed and would not boot into Windows. I've recreated profiles.

So far so good!!

Odd - yes there are two BIOS released same day: 2103 and 2010.
Updated via the BIOS EZUpdater to 2103 and having nothing but problems. Reset BIOS to defaults and still receiving "A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core". CPU IS AMD 3950X.

Attempted to flash 2010 through Windows AI Suite -> EZFlash but received the BIOS does not match the selected version error.
Anyone having similar issue?
Thanks,
Meerkat