Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / NZXT Kraken X62
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    340

    Quote Originally Posted by meerkat154 View Post
    Odd - yes there are two BIOS released same day: 2103 and 2010.
    Updated via the BIOS EZUpdater to 2103 and having nothing but problems. Reset BIOS to defaults and still receiving "A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core". CPU IS AMD 3950X.

    Attempted to flash 2010 through Windows AI Suite -> EZFlash but received the BIOS does not match the selected version error.
    Anyone having similar issue?
    Thanks,
    Meerkat
    I have the same motherboard and CPU. This is what I did. I got the file and copied it to a USB drive after formatting the drive (default format). I then named it C8F.CAP. Then I got into the Bios and updated using the tool there plugging the drive to one of the front ports (one of the latest of those). The tool downloaded it and it worked like a charm.

    You say you are having nothing but problems. Maybe try what I did. I don't trust AI Suite at all, myself. It seems good for fan control but that's about it.

  2. #12
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    I have the same motherboard and CPU. This is what I did. I got the file and copied it to a USB drive after formatting the drive (default format). I then named it C8F.CAP. Then I got into the Bios and updated using the tool there plugging the drive to one of the front ports (one of the latest of those). The tool downloaded it and it worked like a charm.

    You say you are having nothing but problems. Maybe try what I did. I don't trust AI Suite at all, myself. It seems good for fan control but that's about it.
    Super - thanks - will try that next. I just loaded the new AMD chipset drivers also released in June 2020. Going to wait and see.
    It is confusing on which BIOS to use - 2103 or 2010
    -Meerkat

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / NZXT Kraken X62
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    340

    Quote Originally Posted by meerkat154 View Post
    Super - thanks - will try that next. I just loaded the new AMD chipset drivers also released in June 2020. Going to wait and see.
    It is confusing on which BIOS to use - 2103 or 2010
    -Meerkat
    Yeah, it is confusing isn't it? The thing about 2103 is that it the latest and it improves system performance. Hence, it is the better one. However, I have another rig with a different motherboard and a few of us with that motherboard have trouble with the latest Bios. It has our CPUs running at very high temperatures and core speeds so we have all reverted back to an older Bios. The point is, if for some reason there is a problem you probably want a Bios that works properly. Maybe others are having the same problem too. Asus software is not one of its strong points, not that other good motherboard makers are any better, though.
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 07-07-2020 at 10:09 PM.

  4. #14
    New ROGer Array Mister-JDM PC Specs
    Mister-JDM PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VIII Hero
    ProcessorAMD 3900X
    Memory (part number)Gskill F4-3200c14D-16gfx
    Graphics Card #1Palit GTX1080 Game Rock
    MonitorDell S3220DGF
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
    Storage #2Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE AM4
    CaseFractal Design Define S
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider Titanium ST70F-TI
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Platinum Cherry MX Speed
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch RB61II speakers with Onkyo TX-8270 receiver
    OS Windows 10 2004
    Network RouterConnect box from isp Ziggo

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    Yeah, it is confusing isn't it? The thing about 2103 is that it the latest and it improves system performance. Hence, it is the better one. However, I have another rig with a different motherboard and a few of us with that motherboard have trouble with the latest Bios. It has our CPUs running at very high temperatures and core speeds so we have all reverted back to an older Bios. The point is, if for some reason there is a problem you probably want a Bios that works properly. Maybe others are having the same problem too. Asus software is not one of its strong points, not that other good motherboard makers are any better, though.
    Thats why i'm on v1302. With v2010 and 2103 a lot of kernel power issues (system crash reboots), and mouse lags in bios. And the v2103 haves corrupted my windows 10 installation. System was slower than normal. And I had to do a clean install. Since i have flashed with flashback to v1302. system runs fine. No kernel power anymore, and mouse works normal in bios.

  5. #15
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister-JDM View Post
    Thats why i'm on v1302. With v2010 and 2103 a lot of kernel power issues (system crash reboots), and mouse lags in bios. And the v2103 haves corrupted my windows 10 installation. System was slower than normal. And I had to do a clean install. Since i have flashed with flashback to v1302. system runs fine. No kernel power anymore, and mouse works normal in bios.
    I am going to try to roll back the BIOS also to 1302. Too many crashes with 2103. Manual doesn't specifically talk about flashback tool oddly enough. I tried to rename the BIOS to CPE.CAP but both Windows and new BIOS Ezflash won't load the file.

    Update - flashback just blinks twice. Is there a specific USB port on the back of case to use? I have FAT32 drive plugged in with C8HW.CAP file in root.
    -Meerkat.
    Last edited by meerkat154; 07-08-2020 at 01:46 PM.

  6. #16
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / NZXT Kraken X62
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    340

    Quote Originally Posted by meerkat154 View Post
    I am going to try to roll back the BIOS also to 1302. Too many crashes with 2103. Manual doesn't specifically talk about flashback tool oddly enough. I tried to rename the BIOS to CPE.CAP but both Windows and new BIOS Ezflash won't load the file.

    Update - flashback just blinks twice. Is there a specific USB port on the back of case to use? I have FAT32 drive plugged in with C8HW.CAP file in root.
    -Meerkat.

    I believe there are four ways to do it.

    1. Download to USB and use port at the back. (This typically works but is a bit of a hassle--if you need details, check the manual. Alternately, I know of a video that explains it to some degree and can post it).
    2. Download to USB. Go into the BIOS and use the tool there via USB. (This worked for me).
    3. Go into the BIOS and use the tool there to get the new BIOS online. (This did not work for me but has worked in the past).
    4. Use EZ Update in AI Suite II. (May or may not work).

  7. #17
    New ROGer Array Mister-JDM PC Specs
    Mister-JDM PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VIII Hero
    ProcessorAMD 3900X
    Memory (part number)Gskill F4-3200c14D-16gfx
    Graphics Card #1Palit GTX1080 Game Rock
    MonitorDell S3220DGF
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
    Storage #2Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE AM4
    CaseFractal Design Define S
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider Titanium ST70F-TI
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Platinum Cherry MX Speed
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch RB61II speakers with Onkyo TX-8270 receiver
    OS Windows 10 2004
    Network RouterConnect box from isp Ziggo

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by meerkat154 View Post
    I am going to try to roll back the BIOS also to 1302. Too many crashes with 2103. Manual doesn't specifically talk about flashback tool oddly enough. I tried to rename the BIOS to CPE.CAP but both Windows and new BIOS Ezflash won't load the file.

    Update - flashback just blinks twice. Is there a specific USB port on the back of case to use? I have FAT32 drive plugged in with C8HW.CAP file in root.
    -Meerkat.
    Above the usb c port, there is an usb port with bios above it. That one is for the Flashback.

  8. #18
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister-JDM View Post
    Above the usb c port, there is an usb port with bios above it. That one is for the Flashback.
    Thank you Mister-IDM. Digging through manual found correct USB port and rolled back to 1302 until Asus can figure out their BIOS.
    I hope my CPU did not go bad and this is just a coincidence with a new BIOS.

    Update: No crashes since rolling back to 1302.
    My setup is:
    AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Founders)
    Patriot Memory 32GB 4400 C19 Series

    Thanks,
    -Meekat
    Last edited by meerkat154; 07-10-2020 at 01:25 PM.

  9. #19
    New ROGer Array Mister-JDM PC Specs
    Mister-JDM PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VIII Hero
    ProcessorAMD 3900X
    Memory (part number)Gskill F4-3200c14D-16gfx
    Graphics Card #1Palit GTX1080 Game Rock
    MonitorDell S3220DGF
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
    Storage #2Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE AM4
    CaseFractal Design Define S
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider Titanium ST70F-TI
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Platinum Cherry MX Speed
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch RB61II speakers with Onkyo TX-8270 receiver
    OS Windows 10 2004
    Network RouterConnect box from isp Ziggo

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by meerkat154 View Post
    Thank you Mister-IDM. Digging through manual found correct USB port and rolled back to 1302 until Asus can figure out their BIOS.
    I hope my CPU did not go bad and this is just a coincidence with a new BIOS.

    Update: No crashes since rolling back to 1302.
    My setup is:
    AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Founders)
    Patriot Memory 32GB 4400 C19 Series

    Thanks,
    -Meekat
    Great to hear you dont have any issues with v1302. My system is runs fine now with after the downgrade to v1302. And i dont see any app crash notes in eventviewer. You can see now that bios updates are not always better than the older ones.
    Last edited by Mister-JDM; 07-12-2020 at 09:52 PM.

  10. #20
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister-JDM View Post
    Great to hear you dont have any issues with v1302. My system is runs fine now with after the downgrade to v1302. And i dont see any app crash notes in eventviewer. But im not amused that v2103 have corrupted my windows install. You can see now
    that bios updates are not always better than the older ones.
    For grins I loaded 2010. Rock solid - zero crashes so far for two days. Not sure why my system is not happy with 2103. Curious if others went from 1302 -> 2010 -> 2103 or 1302 -> 2103 directly.
    -Meerkat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •