cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hero viii wifi x570 with 5700xt issues

doctorx
Level 7
Everytime i have to reset the bios, my 5700xt will not post because the bios defaults to pcie4 (auto). I have to go through a 30 min ordeal to just get it to post and get in the bios to change to pcie3. Is there any way in sam hill that we can make the bios default to pcie3? It is making overclocking and especially updating the bios a pita. Last night i updated to lastest MB bios and since it wipes the bios settings, I go through 30 mins of bliss trying to get the card to post again. If you go to far trying an OC, then the card will not post. BTW, hardware is fine. Tested. Once on pcie3, it posts 100% of the time. The 5700xt is the Powercolor Liquid Devil.
4 REPLIES 4

HeroLXIX
Level 7
You have to edit the BIOS to change its defaults since they're, well, the defaults. I'm not sure if there's any way to get the GPU card to pretend to be a PCIe 3 one.

doctorx
Level 7
do you know of a software that would help me do this?

Should be an option in BIOS to set/change from Auto to PCIe 3.0 manually. The 5700XT is PCIe 4.0 that is why Auto is selecting it.

RedSector73
Level 12
doctorx wrote:
Everytime i have to reset the bios, my 5700xt will not post because the bios defaults to pcie4 (auto). I have to go through a 30 min ordeal to just get it to post and get in the bios to change to pcie3. Is there any way in sam hill that we can make the bios default to pcie3? It is making overclocking and especially updating the bios a pita. Last night i updated to lastest MB bios and since it wipes the bios settings, I go through 30 mins of bliss trying to get the card to post again. If you go to far trying an OC, then the card will not post. BTW, hardware is fine. Tested. Once on pcie3, it posts 100% of the time. The 5700xt is the Powercolor Liquid Devil.

Something just isn't right about this. Since your not sharing the whole build or enough information to look to why or what is wrong.
The words RMA or call a friend are crossing my mind. Why would you have to be run PCIE 3.0 specification with pcie 4.0 gen card ?

Why does 'if you go to far trying an OC, then the card will not post.' that's just wrong.
I think you may have missed the actual issue and are applying band aide fix.