ROG Junior Member Array

hero viii wifi x570 with 5700xt issues

Everytime i have to reset the bios, my 5700xt will not post because the bios defaults to pcie4 (auto). I have to go through a 30 min ordeal to just get it to post and get in the bios to change to pcie3. Is there any way in sam hill that we can make the bios default to pcie3? It is making overclocking and especially updating the bios a pita. Last night i updated to lastest MB bios and since it wipes the bios settings, I go through 30 mins of bliss trying to get the card to post again. If you go to far trying an OC, then the card will not post. BTW, hardware is fine. Tested. Once on pcie3, it posts 100% of the time. The 5700xt is the Powercolor Liquid Devil.

New ROGer Array

You have to edit the BIOS to change its defaults since they're, well, the defaults. I'm not sure if there's any way to get the GPU card to pretend to be a PCIe 3 one.

ROG Junior Member Array

do you know of a software that would help me do this?

New ROGer Array bluestang PC Specs
    bluestang PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 3900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (2 kits)
    Graphics Card #1MSI Armor OC 1660ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI Armor OC 1660ti
    MonitorASUS VZ249H
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 250GB NVMe
    Storage #22x WD Red 10TB (RAID1)
    CPU CoolerFractal Design Celcius S36
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe TG
    Power SupplySeaSonic Focus Plus Platinum 850W
    Keyboard Logitech MK-710 Combo
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-N66U

Should be an option in BIOS to set/change from Auto to PCIe 3.0 manually. The 5700XT is PCIe 4.0 that is why Auto is selecting it.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Quote Originally Posted by doctorx View Post
    Everytime i have to reset the bios, my 5700xt will not post because the bios defaults to pcie4 (auto). I have to go through a 30 min ordeal to just get it to post and get in the bios to change to pcie3. Is there any way in sam hill that we can make the bios default to pcie3? It is making overclocking and especially updating the bios a pita. Last night i updated to lastest MB bios and since it wipes the bios settings, I go through 30 mins of bliss trying to get the card to post again. If you go to far trying an OC, then the card will not post. BTW, hardware is fine. Tested. Once on pcie3, it posts 100% of the time. The 5700xt is the Powercolor Liquid Devil.
    Something just isn't right about this. Since your not sharing the whole build or enough information to look to why or what is wrong.
    The words RMA or call a friend are crossing my mind. Why would you have to be run PCIE 3.0 specification with pcie 4.0 gen card ?

Why does 'if you go to far trying an OC, then the card will not post.' that's just wrong.
    I think you may have missed the actual issue and are applying band aide fix.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 07-04-2020 at 09:45 AM.