cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GT-AX11000 - 5Ghz (Both) stops working randomly

EthanWolfcat
Level 7
Hi people,

I was wondering if you guys had the same experience and if you would know a solution for this but both 5Ghz-1 and 5Ghz-2 on my GT-AX11000 stops working working at random times. My devices connected on the 5Ghz band mentions "Connected without Internet". The SSID is still visible and the password is still working. The temporarily solution for me is either rebooting the router or reboot the modem of my ISP (Videotron).

The 2Ghz band works without any issues even when the 5Ghz bands are not working. This also happened on my previous ROG router (GT-AC5300). I am currently running the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9165-gdea9675 Signature Version: 2.184

We are the only one on the channel 108 at 80Mhz. I did not go with channel 155 since there is about 10 other routers using it near me in my neighbourhood according to Wifi Analyzer.

Is there any solution to this?

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

Saltgrass
Level 13
Are you using the router with an AX (WiFi 6) Wi-Fi card? My link speed is 2402/2402 Mbps so I am pretty happy with it..

Signal strength strong? The 5 GHz bands don't have the range the 2.4 band does, so you may need to be closer..

Mine has been pretty solid. Today, I upgraded the Firmware because I wanted to try WPA 3 to see if I could get it to work..

If they show connected without Internet, doesn't that mean the wireless part is working but the ISP connection is faulty?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
Are you using the router with an AX (WiFi 6) Wi-Fi card? My link speed is 2402/2402 Mbps so I am pretty happy with it..

Signal strength strong? The 5 GHz bands don't have the range the 2.4 band does, so you may need to be closer..

Mine has been pretty solid. Today, I upgraded the Firmware because I wanted to try WPA 3 to see if I could get it to work..

If they show connected without Internet, doesn't that mean the wireless part is working but the ISP connection is faulty?

The internet from the ISP is still working properly when the 5Ghz is crashing. The range is still in the 4-5 bars everywhere in my house. The crash happened twice yesterday and, while checking at my wifi configuration on my phone, I did remember that I have my PiHole as DNS 1. After removing it, the network came back. I haven't rebooted the router nor rebooted the ISP's modem. After putting the DNS back, the status changed to "Connected without Internet".

I have now set 8.8.8.8 as DNS 1 and my PiHole as DNS 2. I'll see what it will do. I may put my PiHole as DNS 1 and 8.8.8.8 as DNS 2.

All my devices are compatible Wifi 6.

eblin
Level 7
EthanWolfcat wrote:
Hi people,

I was wondering if you guys had the same experience and if you would know a solution for this but both 5Ghz-1 and 5Ghz-2 on my GT-AX11000 stops working working at random times. My devices connected on the 5Ghz band mentions "Connected without Internet". The SSID is still visible and the password is still working. The temporarily solution for me is either rebooting the router or reboot the modem of my ISP (Videotron).

The 2Ghz band works without any issues even when the 5Ghz bands are not working. This also happened on my previous ROG router (GT-AC5300). I am currently running the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9165-gdea9675 Signature Version: 2.184

We are the only one on the channel 108 at 80Mhz. I did not go with channel 155 since there is about 10 other routers using it near me in my neighbourhood according to Wifi Analyzer.

Thank you.

Absolutely same thing here. My Router out of no where begin to stop all wifi for a second and disconnects all devices for a few seconds randomly during the day. Happened to me 4 times today. I play Diablo2 Lod hardcore and I am lucky the disconects were not fatal... If this keeps going I am wrapping this router up sending it straight back to amazon... Going different brand wifi 6 Router. Absolutely unacceptable. As I was sending this reply it did it again....

wilsondenq
Level 10
EthanWolfcat wrote:
Hi people,

Thank you.

Hi

Please use feedback mail function in administration, we can check your logs, please also provide your email via private message, we can query your log from our server.

Thanks.

techscapes
Level 7
EthanWolfcat wrote:
Hi people,

Thank you.

Channel 108 is DFS channel. Are you near a weather radar or airport?
Try changing to a non DFS channel (32 - 48 on 5Ghz-1 and 149 - 165 on 5GHz-2) and see if you get the same issue.

Travelor
Level 8
Hello,

I have only found issues with the AX system and seemingly random "reboots".
To help resolve the issue and maintain some stability in my network I did the following.
1. 2.4GHz - Used by legacy/IoT devices - Set on Channel 11
2. 5GHz -1 Used by NON-AX (WiFi 6 Disabled) 5GHz devices - Control Channel 64
3. 5GHz - 2 Used for AX/WiFi 6 devices - WiFi 6 Enabled - Control Channel 112

As new WiFi 6 devices show up on the network, I advice the owner to have all the latest drivers installed - I have them connect to 5GHz-2 with AX and if they have any issues and drivers updates have been done, then I switch them over to the 5GHz system.

Thankfully, (knock on wood), I have had relatively little issue with dropped connections. Most connection loss on the 5GHz signal is due to the limited power/range of the 5GHz radio. Unfortunately you can't hang out in the pool and stay connected to the it. But the 2.4GHz is there in that situation.

It took me about a month of troubleshooting and tinkering and signal scanning and testing and banging my head against the wall. But eventually, I was able to get the router to stabilize WIFI connectivity, and only have to deal with complaints when new devices are added.

Be @ Peace,
Trav..
Peace and Agape In All Things -
Christ -
G73JH 1TB HD Space + 8GB RAM
Zune HD