cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX X570-f gaming - cant roll back firmware

DAFFY1981
Level 7
Hi guys, currently I have the 2203 UEFI bios installed on my ROG STRIX X570-F gaming. ive been trying to roll back the current 2203 bios and I get a message saying (selected file is not a proper bios). I have tried the 1405 and the 1407 bios with no luck. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this issue. I have tried both the usb flashback port on the back and front usb3 ports, the usb drive is formatted in fat32.
thanks in advance for any advice...!!!
8 REPLIES 8

Falkentyne
Level 12
DAFFY1981 wrote:
Hi guys, currently I have the 2203 UEFI bios installed on my ROG STRIX X570-F gaming. ive been trying to roll back the current 2203 bios and I get a message saying (selected file is not a proper bios). I have tried the 1405 and the 1407 bios with no luck. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this issue. I have tried both the usb flashback port on the back and front usb3 ports, the usb drive is formatted in fat32.

You need a command line flasher to flash these. For Gigabyte the file is EFIflash. For Asus, I have absolutely no idea.
Check win-raid forums and ask there as the people in the bios modding section would know.

And the USB flashback port should have worked regardless. You did rename the file to the proper name, didn't you? (usually it's something.CAP).

liakou
Level 7
Rename the file to SX570FG.CAP and then use flashback.

OK, thanks a lot for your post. I have just seen there is a new BIOS released (2407) for my board, am I able to downgrade that bios also if I so whish..

liakou
Level 7
You can update or downgrade to any bios version using the flashback method.

liakou wrote:
You can update or downgrade to any bios version using the flashback method.

Mostly true, there will be one way trip coming for most b450 and some x470 boards with Ryzen 4000 series due to low level format required to use these cpu's.

Simplysimon911
Level 7
DAFFY1981 wrote:

i am in the same position. I am now using 2407 and it still will not roll back to my preferred choice, 1407. I contacted ASUS support and told them about the issue where they suggested my USB wasnt formatted correctly and should be FAT 16/32. I have tried 4 different USB drives with no success all formatted correctly. The LED on the USB port flashed 3 times indicating its working and turned on and then with the USB inserted, pressed again, it flashes 3 times and stays on meaning its buggered and the bios update failed.
I have also lost the option in the bios to update via the internet meaning I can only flash the bios using a USB drive however similar to you i get 'the selected file is not a proper bios'.
I wrote to ASUS support again who didnt help at all to be honest and got the response RMA the board. How negative. The PC actually works with 2407 but i have lost both PCIE X1 lanes. so my expansion cards dont work. Great, i wish i hadnt bothered.

Continuing the thread.

Asus are replacing the board but wouldnt state that the bios update was the issue. This board has ez flash back which doednt work.

Anyway im going to sell it when i recieve the new one as i have now bought a MSI tomahawk which is excellent

Hello,
I've been looking at the subject for a few days and I hesitate to update my bios at this time.
I'm still at version 1407 of this one.

Have you managed to solve your problems?