cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G 75VW yellow screen please advise

leperlord
Level 7
After a 2 foot or less fall,while powered off and in my laptop bag,my G75VW has an annoying yellow tinge,appears on lower right side of windows 7 boot screen,and when booted it is painfully apparent mostly on whites

But when i apply a slight squeeze to where the earphone jack and SD card slot are the tinge goes away.i also think it is not the video card as i do not get that yellow tinge when hooked to my TV via HDMI

Can i please get some advice on what may be wrong and how to fix it?

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Might be a damaged ribbon cable. You would just have to open the machine up and check to see if there is any obvious damage or kinking of the display ribbon.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Might be a damaged ribbon cable. You would just have to open the machine up and check to see if there is any obvious damage or kinking of the display ribbon.

Cheers mate

So is there ribbon cable in that area whe i apply pressure and the screen gets better?

Is it safe to take that much of the laptop apart? i have taken it apart enough to the point where i could change HDDs and memory,but there is more case to take apart to see whats going on where i mention

i was going to replace the HDDs in my grand sons HP laptop,but then was told by a tech that the HPs are tricky,and have some sort of spring device/assembly that if not handled corect i could ruin or not get the case back together

So i wonder if the ASUS i have may have the same caution?

Cheers

xeromist
Ideally you want to find a teardown video on Youtube. That will allow you to see where all the wiring is routed. That way you can see what is under the spot where you're pressing and then if you decide to take it apart you'd see if there are any pitfalls to avoid. If you're not comfortable with the process you could take it to a repair shop (if any are open in your area).

I wouldn't necessarily assume the problem is under the pressure point though. You may be flexing things in a way that something adjacent is getting pinched or relieved.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…