Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi0987 View Post
    I seem to remember just disconnecting the USB-C from the laptop, disconnecting the power supply and shutting down the laptop for around 5-10 minutes seemed to do the trick. (probably would get away with less time). For some reason, I'm sure someone mentioned a BIOS reset that could be done with the power button too, but don't quote me on that.
    What I did this morning is:
    Unplug the power cord from the laptop
    Plug-in type-c/DP cable
    Power on laptop
    When I got a picture on the external monitor, I disconnected the monitor and plugged in the WD19 docking station > viola it works.
    Then reconnected the power cord to the laptop.

It is still ridiculous though... to do this every time I power down...

Some insight from ASUS would be nice. This is not an entry-level laptop by the way. I would expect the type-c port to work effortlessly.

I contacted the local ASUS support (Hungary), useless... good god... in 15 minutes we couldn't even agree on what the issue is exactly.

ROG Member Array mBrane PC Specs
    mBrane PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RIVE
    Processor3930K @ 4.4 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator (liquid-cooled)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 680 Hydro Copper
    Graphics Card #2GTX 680 Hydro Copper
    CPU CoolerEK blocks on CPU, NB, SB, and VRMs
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 800D
    Power SupplyCorsair 1200AXi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G933
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Mixing protocols and form factors

First and foremost, USB-C is a connector type, which can carry protocols such as Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.0, USB 3.2 gens 1x1, 1x2, 2x1, 2x2, and USB4. So, now you should be able to see why this does not make sense:

Quote Originally Posted by JoarS View Post
    "However I did not by (sic) this dock to connect through USB3.0. I want to use USB-C.
    BTW, it looks like the link to your specific dock has expired, so your link just sends me to a list of 15 docks:

Quote Originally Posted by JoarS View Post
    This is the dock I bought and it's supposed to supply the computer with power up to 60W.
    In any event, you won't be able to charge your laptop with only 60w, but your other USB peripherals could use this power to run or to charge. Sorry that I don't have enough context to help fix your problem, but this backgrounder should help you find the answer.
    - mBrane

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme, Intel 3930K @ 4.4 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Dominator (liquid-cooled)
    2xEVGA GTX 680 Hydro Copper @ PCI 3.0, Samsun Evo 860 SSD
    Aquaero 5 Pro Controller w/ waterblock
    7x120mm Thermochill Rads 7x120mm Gentle Typhoon 1850s
    2xSwiftech MCP35X pumps w/ EK Acetal Dual Top @ 82.5 gal/h
    EK Acetal+EN blocks on CPU, RAM, Northbridge, Southbridge, and VRMs

28c idle, 38c under load, nice and quiet!

New ROGer Array

Solutions

Bad news. After nearly two years of malfunctions, loss of time and frustration, in September 2022 the problem is officially recognized and the solutions published; https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042417/ "[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix USB Type-C problems". Unfortunately for us, the basic problem is not solved and the solutions proposed are those that I have been applying for two years. They often come down to a complete restart of the computer. For me, it's not a financially viable solution if it forces me to waste a day of work repeatedly trying to solve this basic operational problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3