cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus FX504GM-E394T Battery backup issue

kadon
Level 7
I purchased Asus TUF FX504GM-E394T last week (It's 2 Year old model i.e of 2018)
I7 8750H, GTX1060b6 GB, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB SSHD,120HZ TN.
I clean installed windows with no apps and I also removed extra asus apps like gift box etc.
After such a clean window, I am getting 2-2.5 Hrs battery life with battery saver ON and on normal browsing and youtube video watching.
What shall I do? as per the online reviews, it can give 4-5 Hrs on normal usage.
Is it because it's 2 year old model?
4 REPLIES 4

Blake1
Level 10
Hello kadon,
How about the battery life before you clean install the device?
Please also check if your BIOS and windows update are all up to date and complete.
It might be running in the background without notice.
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello kadon,
How about the battery life before you clean install the device?
Please also check if your BIOS and windows update are all up to date and complete.
It might be running in the background without notice.
Thank you.

It's the same before and after clean install. BIOS and all is already upto date. Also I have noticed that when 100% charged and I unplug, it immediately drops to 99%
2 Hrs it too less for vety light usage bit sure what is going wrong. Asus sales person checked everything but no issues with diagnostic software.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello kadon,
There might be some program running in the background without notice.
May you check the task manager as well?
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello kadon,
There might be some program running in the background without notice.
May you check the task manager as well?
Thank you.

As I mentioned, I clean installed the windows os. Removed all ASUS apps and default irrelevant apps like skype etc. And I checked there is no extra app running in background. So you can say it's pretty much running on lowest possible settings. Also I use dark theme. Not sure why such a low backup on just browsing only. Looks like model is faulty or something else.