cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is my pc always on, good or bad?

couand1
Level 7
hello! i wonder if i leave my pc always on is good, ok, or not. it's water cooling. cpu temp : 48°-51°
thank you!
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
My friend I have no idea what it is you are asking.

Are you asking if you should shut down your PC? I never do, my PC sleeps after a certain amount of time and that is how it has been forever.

Your temps are pretty high for a water cooled system by the way, but then I have no idea what your system is or what the over clocks are.

Information is good to provide constructive answers. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

loli
Level 7
I think he means that he's overclocked his system which now runs at around 50.c and he wants to know if it's okay to be running it 24/7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah thanks loli

Yes if your system is overclocked and your maximum load temps are within a safe range for the CPU (as yet un-specified) then yes it is no problem to run 24/7.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i'm sorry for the missing information and my english (i'm french 😞 )
yes, i was wondering if it's ok to run my pc 24/7 with this config :

asus rampage iii extreme
intel core i7 920
core speed 4Ghz
chipset 58
motherboard temp : 33°C
cpu temp : 48-51°C
cpu voltage : 1,799
IOH temp : 59°C
IOH voltage : 1,191
ICH temp : 54°C
ICH voltage : 1,191
mem 12 Go DDR3 corsair
power supply corsair HX 1000w

i'm not very good with computer. i buy this pc to somebody and he's overclock himself the pc. i don't want to overclock it more cause i don't know how to do it. thanks, everbody, it's appreciate!

XRIGS
Level 7
Running it 24/7 wouldn’t be a problem tho how long do you plan to run it like that? Like any watercooling setup you should have time to clean it like twice or thrice a week depending on how much dust and dirt can gather specially on the rads and fans. Then change water also.

BTW area those load temps or idle?

XRIGS wrote:
Running it 24/7 wouldn’t be a problem tho how long do you plan to run it like that? Like any watercooling setup you should have time to clean it like twice or thrice a week depending on how much dust and dirt can gather specially on the rads and fans. Then change water also.

BTW area those load temps or idle?

I hope you're not suggesting that the water needs to be changed several times per week? As long as you add a silver coil or biocide and use distilled water it should not need to be changed for at least 6 months.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I hope you're not suggesting that the water needs to be changed several times per week? As long as you add a silver coil or biocide and use distilled water it should not need to be changed for at least 6 months.

I think he was talking about cleaning dust on fan and rad.:cool:

can i change the voltage myself to 1.43 ?

frisianbear2002
Level 9
If i have holliday for work (i work 6weeks on and then 6weeks holliday) then mine is running overclocked 24/7 and no problems temps idle are between 38/42°C.

So i guess its not a problem.
l Asus Rampage 4 Extreme l intel 3930X@ 4800Mhz (1.45volt) 24/7 l Asus matrix GTX 580 l
16GB Team Xtreem DDR3 PC3-20800 2600MHz (11-11-11-28-1)
l Coolermaster Silentpro 1000w PSU l Revodrive3 ssd l WD Raptor 150Gb (10000rpm) l Corsair H100 wc with 4 Cougar Vortex fans l CM HAF 932 Avanced case l Acer X243H 24'' l Asus RT N66U Dark Knight l Logitech Z2300 speakers

In progress the custom build PC Samurai Warrior ''Miyamoto Musashi'' in Japanese ''宮本 武蔵'' made by Pascal