cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G703GX upgrade RAM

xZhekill
Level 7
I have G703GX with 16GB RAM, i want upgrade to 64GB without removing the cooling system. Сan i insert in 2 free access slots 16GB and 32GB modules RAM? Does the G703GX support 32GB memory modules? RAM limit 64GB or 128GB ??? Some shops sell G703GX-XS98K with 128GB RAM is it fake?
4 REPLIES 4

jdfrench3
Level 12
Crucial Quote:

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/asus/rog-g703gx

2 Banks of 1 each

64GB max

Either 16Gb or 32GB DDR4 SODIMs

ASUS G703GX teardown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P23wM4cw6W0
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

I am interesting Sumsung ram for better compatibility, default [M471A2K43CB1-CTD] 16, another M471A2K43CB1-CTD i already bought.
[M471A4G43MB1-CTD] 32 will work, I'm right ?

Run HWINFO64 and try to match your existing memory.

Here's a copy of mine, showing the original memory in slot 0. My laptop has two banks of 2 slots each. Take note of the following picture. Try to find memory that best match what memory came with your laptop.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Run HWINFO64 and try to match your existing memory.

Here's a copy of mine, showing the original memory in slot 0. My laptop has two banks of 2 slots each. Take note of the following picture. Try to find memory that best match what memory came with your laptop.

From that Screenshot that you attached, I see that the Memory is indicated as 48 GB.

Does that mean, that you are using 3 bank slots x 16 GB = 48 GB ?

That is, you are leaving 1 of the 4 available bank slots as empty ?

I am asking, because I have also a problem with updrading the RAM in this particular ROG Laptop and am looking for help.

Just posted here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124104-Need-HELP-for-a-ROG-G703GX-XS71-Memory-RAM-upgrade-!!

If you are using 3x 16 GB Modules out of 4 slots, does that mean that you are running the Memory in SINGLE Channel and not DUAL Channel ?

Why is that screenshot showing it as DUAL Channel Mode ?

I thought that, running Modules in 3 bank slots out of 4 with "unmatched" total sized Memory between the 2 Channels (that is, 16+16 GB = 32GT total on one Channel and only 16 GB total on the other Channel) would result with ALL of the 3 Memory Modules (the total 48 GB) running in SINGLE Channel and not in DUAL Channel...

So how is it possible to have 48 GB total, I assume in 3x 16 GB modules with the 4th bank slot remaining as empty, to run in DUAL Channel Mode then?

I really would love to know whether there is a way to be able to upgrade the RAM to the full 64 GB max capacity possible, in DUAL Channel, but without having to disassemble the Laptop, remove the Cooling Unit and unscrew the Motherboard (not to mention having to reapply the Thermal Paste before putting the Cooling Unit back...) in order to physically access the 2 DIMM bank slots which are placed on the "back" of the Motherboard, under the keyboard....

I also noticed that the speed of your Memory shows as DDR4-2400 .

I thought that this particular ROG Laptop came with DDR4-2666 type Memory.

Why yours shows as DDR4-2400 ?