Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

ROG Guru: White Belt Array celab PC Specs
    celab PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B550-F Gaming / BIOS 2423
    ProcessorRyzen 3600 @stock speed
    Memory (part number)FlareX - F4-3200C14D-16GFX @XMP Timings
    Graphics Card #1Palit GameRock Premium 1080 @stock speed/cooling; 496.49 Drv.
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAcer Predator - XB241H
    Storage #1Seagate FireCuda 530 / 500GB NVME 1.4
    Storage #2Kingston ssd
    CPU CoolerBe Quiet - DarkRock 4
    Casefreestyle
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold
    Keyboard Razer Chroma Light
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Medium CONTROL
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser HD 4.20s
    OS Win11 Pro 64bit / latest
    Network RouterFibre Optic 600Mbit (sync.)

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING issues

i just found out, that after the latest bios update to 0805 i have problems running my flarex ram at the docp speed. i have to revert back to jedec auto settings 2400MHz instead of the 3200/14 used before. anyone else expiring these kind of issues with the latest bios?
    Orwell was an optimist

ROG Enthusiast Array

Nope running good on my Patriot gaming ram at 3200mhz, on a another note i have my m.2 drive in the top space is that ok even though it's a pcie 3.0

celab PC Specs
    Sound CardOnboard
    Storage #2Kingston ssd
    Casefreestyle

strange, well if i use the auto settings on 3200 (not the docp) i get something like 22/22/22 -still crashes, voltage on auto, will try a little bit more but there is something else i just saw, the Trdwr setting in the vram menu in the bios. it differs from each bank by 1 digit always, 10/9 or12/11 .. has this something to do with a 'natrual' timing delay cause of circut design maybe? aka one stick is closer to the action ? ^^

The top m.2 slot is bound directly to the cpu and talks to it, the 2nd m.2 slot is hooked up to the chipset (where there is no more fan), and than starts talking to the cpu, this can cause bandwidth issues i think, when connecting tonns' of peref. to the board aka usb etc. so i would prefer to start using m.2 deices at the top slot M1, first thing. iits downards comp. to pcie 3.0 of course.
    Last edited by celab; 07-08-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    Orwell was an optimist

ROG Enthusiast Array

How does one get one of those pc specs tab? That's awesome!!

New ROGer Array

There seems to be multiple bios that seems to release on same date (2020/07/03)
    which is the one go update to?

ROG Enthusiast Array

0805 is the latest

ROG Member Array

Myself and several other people on Reddit are reporting similar random reboots with DOCP enabled. All of us are running Bios 0805.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/co...50ma_wifi_and/

I swapped out my G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVKB for Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K8G4D32AESBK but that resulted in the exact same instability when DOCP is enabled.

I'm running a Prime B550M-A and considering Downgrading the Bios to see if that helps.

celab PC Specs
    Sound CardOnboard
    Storage #2Kingston ssd
    Casefreestyle

just to let you know, the latest bios from yesterday, version 1002, fixed my ram issues so far. i set the timings manuel, and everything works good. just the set of in the timings by one tick is still there. Trdwr of by 1. so i strongly think asus fixed that issue with ram speeds. im pleased. so anyone having mem probs, plz try the latest bios.
    also i had this magic power of syndrome, but it disappeared also. so thumbs up asus !

@andjayik: i would recommend not using aura or crate for the moment if you are troubleshooting. what ram & PSU are you using? also how did you connect your power supply ? i strongly recommend using the 8pin as well as the 4pin power connector on the board. DO NOT USE THE 4 pin connector only.

@imacomputer : i had exactly the same probs with my b350-f board when i stared it up first few times. i think the board/uefi etc. has to adopt the mem speed and timings and it takes awhile to start the pc if you have just put it together. so be patient. i swapped the mem module around a few times and after a few minutes it worked fine. just dont get irritated when the boot time takes a bit longer than usual. di you overclock your pc ?

@ xTc2k: did you try to manuel set the cpu fan speeds in the bios ? how is your case cooled ? is it an open box or closed enviorment ? try not to use the tpu oc, its pretty bad you are better of doing it manual or try amd ryzen master. a good tool to monitor your temps is hw monitor. while typing right now i got around 38C and i dont go over78-79 under stress. real stress ^^ my pc details are in the profile here) did you tighten the cpu cooler proper ? i would also not recommend overclocking the cpu. its not worth it. the auto function makes a good job so no need for manuel tweaking in my opinion.
    Last edited by celab; 08-11-2020 at 06:33 AM.
    Orwell was an optimist

ROG Enthusiast Array

Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz 16GB Kit
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    ROG STRIX B550-F
    Patriot Viper VPN100 M.2
    Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe
    Cooler Master RR-212S-20PC-R1 Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU Air Cooler
    Seasonic 750W
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

I used the extra 4 pin power and made no differance, What is the extra 4 pins for power for anyway as i don't have them hooked up now and everything is running well on my old seasonic psu

ROG Member Array

Cool

There was another BIOS update before the latest. 0805 or 0808 or something like that. After flashing that, the dual channel memory worked great. That is until I attempted to install my ThunderboltEX 3-TR card. Then it went back to single channel only.

I moved everything over to a replacement mobo from amazon, flashed that 08xx BIOS and it immediately passed POST with dual channel RAM. The only overclocking settings I have changed are enabling DOCP/XMP. My CPU cooler is pretty good but I'm not going to mess with the overclocking until I need more performance. This PC is for recording music and editing video so stability is more important than bleeding edge performance.

Have not flashed this latest BIOS and am waiting to hear back from higher tier support at Asus about the thunderbolt card. I suppose it's possible that I am the first person to attempt to install that card with this motherboard.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast