Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by christizzz View Post
    Hello,

here is my setup:

Asus Strix B550-E received and builkt yesterday with Bios 1004

Ryzen 7 3700x

32Gb (2x16) GSkill trident Z 3600mhz Cl16-19-19-39 ( default xmp)

2 ssds + 1ssd nvme

GTX 1070

The problem only occurs when i switch the PSU off and then back on ( power cycle) and then turn on the PC.

If the PSU was NOT turned off from the previous PC shut down... then the PC will boot and the XMP profile will work flawlessly

If the PSU was turned off and then back on again the pc will light up but i will get error code "0d" and ram debug led ON.

The only way to boot is if i clear CMOS. The problem will not occur if i dont load the XMP profile. The Ram i am using is QVL on the Asus motherboard website.

So i tried with my old Ram ( gskill ripjaws 16Gb(2x8) 3200mhz cl16-18-18-38... and i got the same problem... so the new ram is defintiely not defective....

i am running out of ideas. i usually turn off the PSU when i leave home for couple of days.... so it will be annoying to reset the bios every time.

thanks
    I have the same ram but 2x8 GB (mine are not on ASUS QVL, but on g.skill QVL). Haven't had any cold boot problems but random restarts. I'm now on BIOS 1002 and everything has been fine. I tried 1004 but that gave me back the random restarts. I have a ticket with ASUS but haven't heard anything back yet.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by CusmaR View Post
    I have the same ram but 2x8 GB (mine are not on ASUS QVL, but on g.skill QVL). Haven't had any cold boot problems but random restarts. I'm now on BIOS 1002 and everything has been fine. I tried 1004 but that gave me back the random restarts. I have a ticket with ASUS but haven't heard anything back yet.

unfortunetaly they removed the 1002... so i am stuck with the 1004... the only way to avoid cold boot is to drop the frequency to 3200 manually after activationg DOCP.... but this is not a viable solution especially for a 240euros motherboard ... i tried my ram on a tomahawk b450 ( non max)...and they were working flawlessly...

on my case i dont have a reset button...so yesterday when i was testing the cold boot issue...instead of clearing CMOS i shorted the reset pins... and the motherbaord ersetet and booted normally with DOCP....

its either a defective board...or stupid bios

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by christizzz View Post
    unfortunetaly they removed the 1002... so i am stuck with the 1004... the only way to avoid cold boot is to drop the frequency to 3200 manually after activationg DOCP.... but this is not a viable solution especially for a 240euros motherboard ... i tried my ram on a tomahawk b450 ( non max)...and they were working flawlessly...

on my case i dont have a reset button...so yesterday when i was testing the cold boot issue...instead of clearing CMOS i shorted the reset pins... and the motherbaord ersetet and booted normally with DOCP....

its either a defective board...or stupid bios
    Unfortunately I've only got the 1002 for B550-F gaming saved. Please make a ticket with ASUS so they know we are many that is experiencing problems.

ROG Member Array atteasd PC Specs
    atteasd PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo Yoga 530
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Flare X CL14 3200Mhz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    Sound CardSteinberg UR22mkII
    MonitorSamsung C32HG70
    Storage #1PNY XLR8 CS3030 M.2 NVMe SSD 500 GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerNZXT KRAKEN X62
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P400S TG
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Wireless
    Headset Sennheiser HD 6XX // Sennheiser Game Zero // AKG K-271 MKII // JBL Chronos BT
    Headset/Speakers M-Audio BX8 D2
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterZyXEL VMG3925-B10B
    Accessory #1 Alesis VI49
    Accessory #2 Countryman DI Type-85

AI Suite 3

Does anyone else have issues with AISuite3_3.00.59? The software recognizes all CHA_fans ok but when I calibrate the fans, the results are off. Two of the fans go 100% and the curves can't be adjusted (see images).

Attachment 86261
    Attachment 86262
    Attachment 86263
    Attachment 86264

I have 1 x 120 and 2 140 Corsair ML PWM fans hooked up. Setup through BIOS works ok but I wanted to control fans based on GPU temps also (BIOS only take CPU temps). As I have Kraken x62 AIO my CPU never gets that hot and therefore system fans wont kick up when GPU getting hot.

For now I have Argus Monitor set up for GPU+GPU average temps and it's working great. I had no such issues with AI Suite on my previous B350-F.

Edit: Ok I narrowed the problem down. Either Fan Xpert 4 is bugged out on this mobo (hopefully getting patched at some point) or my mobo is a faulty unit. Hard to tell.

I found out that the ramping up of the fans was caused on CHA_FAN2 and CHA_FAN3 if I selected the CPU & GPU as temp spurces. If I chose only other one the issue would be gone. The I selected also chipset as a source temp for the lulz (so now I had three temp sources) and to my amazement, the software seems to work just fine now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ggg.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	86274

This is not the first time I've had problems with AI Suite. Maybe I should've gotten a Gigabyte X570 board Go figure!
    I would still be interested to find out if any other owners of this board can replicate this issue or is it just my board?
    Last edited by atteasd; 09-14-2020 at 09:06 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hello, I have 2 Nvme ssd WD black on the M.2_1 and WD blue on M.2_2, today the WD blue it's not recognized by the motherboard, the only way i find to makeit work is changing the M.2 position, the blue in the M.2_1 and the black in the M.2_2.
    Other issue is that the aura lights of the motherboard are off untill Windows start, otherwise they keep off.
    My setup is:
    • Asus Strix B550-F with Bios 1004
    • Ryzen 5 3600
    • 16Gb (2x8) Kingston Fury 3200mhz
    • 2ssd nvme WD black 500gb and WD blue 1Tb
    • Rx570

New ROGer Array

Bios 1202 is marked now as beta...as it should be from the start.

I had huge problems with stabilizing my system even on stock settings with TridentZ RAM (3600/CL17). So if you have that RAM, think twice. A lot of settings loaded from profile looked like garbage and out of index values (like bad casting in C). So another thing is, do not load profile from previous bios with this one.
    Some new entries in DDR timings with no default values (or previous).

Going back to previous bios - everything runs fine.

New ROGer Array

Works fine for me

New ROGer Array

bios

Already the last updates of the BIOS always caused me stomach ache. Sometimes the computer doesn't start up after a restore of the settings, other times the numbers are set which are completely exaggerated. I only imported the settings from the backup.

I never had problems with all my boards to restore the settings after an update. Only with my B550 F-Gaming WiFi i have to worry after each update if everything works again...for me this is just sloppiness in the development by the devs.

New ROGer Array SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    SuperRichioROG PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix B550-f Gaming WIFI (BIOS 1202)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3600
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER Founders
    Storage #1Samsung 980Pro 1TB PCIE4 M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 970evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i RGB Platinum
    CaseCorsair 400c
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650X
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Mk2 (Cherry MX Red)
    Mouse Corsair M60 Pro
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless
    OS Windows 10

RAM/System instability with DOCP enabled

Hey all,

I've noticed a few people here have been experiencing problems with RAM timings, DOCP, system stability etc...

I'm having similar problems with my system at the moment...

Ryzen 5 3600
    Asus ROG Strix B550-F gaming WiFi BIOS 1004
    Corsair LPX 3200Mhz DDR4 (part number and version are listed on the board QVL)
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super FE
    Corsair RM650x PSU

The exact CPU used in this build were working fine together on my old strix b350 board but now if I enable XMP/DOCP its as if the system boots too fast (like it skips the ram check or something) and becomes unstable, either crashing out when gaming and/or locking up at boot or restarting. I know the ram and CPU are fine and when running the ram at stock speed (2666mhz) the system appears stable. I also tried a 32gb 3200mhz kit (Also Corsair LPX) that was somehow even more unstable.

When I first build the system the board was running BIOS 0603 which was unstable with the 32gb kit. I then updated to BIOS 1202 which was still unstable with the 32gb kit so I swapped that out for my known good 16gb kit with similar results. I then flashed the BIOS to version 1004 where I am now and the system is still unstable if I enable DOCP but seems stable if I run the ram at default 2666mhz. Really frustrating that I 'upgraded' to this board to have my ram perform worse then on my old B350-f.

Any help advice you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated....my asus support ticket so far has been...less than helpful

EDIT: Updated BIOS to ver 1202...back to testing..again

EDIT: Asus support are ATROCIOUS. Advising changing power settings such as enabling Erp and power state clearly had no effect on stability. They seem to have latched onto the word 'BOOT' during my service request and ignored multiple questions i've raised and actually been quite rude. I've decided to RMA the board and will not be buying another Asus product again.
    Last edited by SuperRichioROG; 11-25-2020 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Gave up, returning this board

New ROGer Array

new bios

new beta bios:

Version 1216 Beta Version
    2020/11/25 19.85 MBytes

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) BIOS 1216
    1. Support AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch C
    2. Improve system stability
    3. Improve DRAM compatibility
    4. Improve system performance

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast