cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING issues

celab
Level 7
i just found out, that after the latest bios update to 0805 i have problems running my flarex ram at the docp speed. i have to revert back to jedec auto settings 2400MHz instead of the 3200/14 used before. anyone else expiring these kind of issues with the latest bios?
Orwell was an optimist
135 REPLIES 135

andjayik
Level 10
Nope running good on my Patriot gaming ram at 3200mhz, on a another note i have my m.2 drive in the top space is that ok even though it's a pcie 3.0

celab
Level 7
strange, well if i use the auto settings on 3200 (not the docp) i get something like 22/22/22 -still crashes, voltage on auto, will try a little bit more but there is something else i just saw, the Trdwr setting in the vram menu in the bios. it differs from each bank by 1 digit always, 10/9 or12/11 .. has this something to do with a 'natrual' timing delay cause of circut design maybe? aka one stick is closer to the action ? ^^

The top m.2 slot is bound directly to the cpu and talks to it, the 2nd m.2 slot is hooked up to the chipset (where there is no more fan), and than starts talking to the cpu, this can cause bandwidth issues i think, when connecting tonns' of peref. to the board aka usb etc. so i would prefer to start using m.2 deices at the top slot M1, first thing. iits downards comp. to pcie 3.0 of course.
Orwell was an optimist

How does one get one of those pc specs tab? That's awesome!!

There seems to be multiple bios that seems to release on same date (2020/07/03)
which is the one go update to?

0805 is the latest

Myself and several other people on Reddit are reporting similar random reboots with DOCP enabled. All of us are running Bios 0805.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/hq2mku/random_reboots_with_asus_prime_b550ma_wifi_and/

I swapped out my G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVKB for Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K8G4D32AESBK but that resulted in the exact same instability when DOCP is enabled.

I'm running a Prime B550M-A and considering Downgrading the Bios to see if that helps.

im running ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING and Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz 16GB Kit with no issues. Try a older bios.

well today after the computer was in idle for most of the day, my computer powered off, i hit the power button , power would come on then shut off right away. I could only get it to come on if i removed the battery from the mother board and put it back in?

andjayik wrote:
well today after the computer was in idle for most of the day, my computer powered off, i hit the power button , power would come on then shut off right away. I could only get it to come on if i removed the battery from the mother board and put it back in?

Did it shut down, or also try to restart?

Either way, you probably cleared the BIOS and are now running with DOCP disabled? Or did you enable it again?

Let me know if you keep experiencing the issue.*