cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x570-F Gaming - Wont boot into bios, boots into windows fine. WTF? please help

Fieldsweeper
Level 7
As titled, new board. starts windows fine. wont go into bios no matter how I try. screen shows no display on display port.

Upgraded from prime x370 pro and 1700x to this, did not reinstall windows but windows works fine.

also cant install all 4 of my 16gb sticks of dominator rgb cl16 ram. pc3200 only 2 will boot without a yellow light and they run at 2666 mhz.

cannot ez update either as it requires a restart and goes back into windows and never registered the bios updated. cleared CMOS etc

is this a **** bored? i have never seen this happen, not booting at all or not going into windows but never being able to get to the bios? wtf? I have a hard line tube set up and removing it means redoing all that crap, and if this comes out, its being returned and a different manufacturer will be used. and never agin will i use ROG ****.

I have the ROG 42 inch 4k monitor, and rog strix gpu and these will be my last asus product if I have to take this apart again.
1 REPLY 1

GObonzo
Level 8
some displays just take a bit of extra time to register the system loading and which port to display. you could try HDMI instead or connecting a different monitor or TV and see if they register quicker and display the post screen.

usually though when this issue occurs, spamming the "enter BIOS" key(usually F2 or Delete) with still get you access to the BIOS.

also to be sure the system is booting correctly, while still in Windows do a hard reset by holding the power button for a few seconds until the system shuts down automatically and then powering off the PSU for ~30 seconds before powering back up.
see if that changes the boot display and allows the post screen or "enter BIOS" dialogue to show.
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64