cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6EO/9980xe Four crashes in a row

Super_Gnome
Level 11
The motherboard is a Rampage VI Extreme Omega. The thing started up and then the desktop seemed to flash, as if resetting and then bam. Blue screen one with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. Then ten minutes later, bam, again. Another blue screen. Then ten minutes later, bam, again. This time it was EMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Then ten minutes later, bam. This time it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I had similar crashes a few months ago--but it was once a week, but a Windows 10 refresh and then a new chipset driver and the crashes stopped. But they were nothing like four in a row in such a short time span. And I check for drivers every time I start the thing.
3 REPLIES 3

Riicckk
Level 7
Forget the Win 10 refresh. Do a complete reinstall.

martine-dee
Level 12
Do you mean the 'fresh start' option? Does it driver-wise not work as a clean reinstall?
Keep exploring, keep innovating, keep creating

martine-dee wrote:
Do you mean the 'fresh start' option? Does it driver-wise not work as a clean reinstall?

A few months ago you had something called a "Refresh Tool" but it seems to have disappeared. I used virtually the same thing under "Recovery" in settings (basically a reinstall of Windows with some applications, like AI Suite 3 removed), and the system is fine now.

As for drivers, they aren't touched, to my knowledge, but I am not completely sure if that is for all drivers or not. Certainly at least some (or all) are preserved.

Forgive my late response.