cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R4E not booting after Bios update

NovaStorm
Level 7
I had installed windows 10 onto my system and it was not updating properly so I decided to update the bios. I used the converter to do the update as in the third pic (sorry pics in wrong order) with it and the latest bios file on usb and it said bios successfully updated at the completion of the second pic. System restarted as it said it would and after several minutes I arrived at this screen ( first pic) where it now appears to be stuck. I've tried clearing the CMOS and restarting but I just end up at first pic screen again, the F1 key does nothing , any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
~ Rampage IV Extreme, Intel 3930K, Corsair H100, 16gb Corsair Dominator-GT 2133, 2X EVGA GTX 560's SLI, Crucial M4-SSD 256gb, NZXT Hal 90 850watt gold PSU, NZXT Full Tower Phantom ~ W7
~
4 REPLIES 4

NovaStorm
Level 7
Still trying to get this working. I renamed the latest bios file to R4E on a usb drive put it in the flashback port and did the update. Now it stops at the (first pic) screen with bios rev. 4901 showing right below american megatrends. 4901 being the latest bios. So it appears to be in there but I can not access setup using F1, F2 on loading or delete.
Again any suggestions or help appreciated ~
~ Rampage IV Extreme, Intel 3930K, Corsair H100, 16gb Corsair Dominator-GT 2133, 2X EVGA GTX 560's SLI, Crucial M4-SSD 256gb, NZXT Hal 90 850watt gold PSU, NZXT Full Tower Phantom ~ W7
~

NovaStorm wrote:
Still trying to get this working. I renamed the latest bios file to R4E on a usb drive put it in the flashback port and did the update. Now it stops at the (first pic) screen with bios rev. 4901 showing right below american megatrends. 4901 being the latest bios. So it appears to be in there but I can not access setup using F1, F2 on loading or delete.
Again any suggestions or help appreciated ~

It may be a keyboard issue. Have you tried changing USB ports for your keyboard.

Oh I should also mention when I left that blue screen I enabled boot logging which worked at booting into windows.
~

NovaStorm
Level 7
You might be onto something with that. I have now made it into the bios settings and windows. I disconnected all usb devices except keyboard and mouse. I killed all power to the system and moved the usb toggle to a different usb port. This got me into the bios settings on restart with F2 and all looked good. I exited setting everything as default and made it into windows couple reboots later I get stuck between bios and windows at blue screen showing IRQL not less or equal. So presently I am running a memory diagnostic app on that to see if that will correct. Could well be a corrupt driver eg usb. Phew at least I made it into the bios that was a relief should be able to sort out windows if that is where the issue is happening from ... Thanks for the suggestion, I will let you know how it goes.
Cheers ~
~