cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTS Custom on ASUS TUF Gaming x570 WiFi

CoopII
Level 8
I just built a new system with an Asus Tuf X570 MB. I had two motherboards in my cart and went with the Tuf for the sole reason or tipping point was the DTS feature.

After I fresh windows install I updated all the drivers from the Asus support page site. After some installing of game launcher I turned my focus to the DTS Custom app to try to set it up. after opening the app it locks up not taking a single button click just says please connect headset and my headset is connected. So i tried three or 4 headsets I had around Corsair, Logitech G series and Turtle beach and finally Steel series. Each one windows saw i was able to listen to but DTS custom would not see them or allow me to even click on any buttons. After several attempts to remove and install Audio drivers I noticed the DTS app was not un installing from the windows store and DTS custom could not be removed. So i cleaned DTS Custom up from the Registry deleted the files and rebooted several times and un installed and installed the official audio drivers. i then re downloaded the DTS custom from the windows store. Now it simply shows a welcome to DTS splash screen and once again i can not click on the ok or close or anything to get off this screen.

I am a little annoyed as this was a feature I decided I wanted and i can't get it to work.

Any suggestions or work arounds? Searches all point to getting the DTS app from the Asus site but I do not see it listed in Other downloads or even in audio drivers from the site. I really don't want to do a second fresh install yet again.
5 REPLIES 5

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You have an ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Thank you I'll try this tonight.

Thanks I followed the excellent instructions and tried it twice and still same issue splash screen that says Tuf Gaming Content mode everything is greyed out nothing is clickable says please connect a Headphone to use DTS. I guess Sadly none of my headset are compatible even though I just DL the trial of DTS sound unbound and all 4 work there.

CoopII wrote:
Thanks I followed the excellent instructions and tried it twice and still same issue splash screen that says Tuf Gaming Content mode everything is greyed out nothing is clickable says please connect a Headphone to use DTS. I guess Sadly none of my headset are compatible even though I just DL the trial of DTS sound unbound and all 4 work there.

Set the advanced setting in RCP like in this pic

Then Unplug and replug the headset in the front panel jack.

asharhs
Level 7

Hey CoopII,

I can understand your frustration with the DTS Custom issue on your ASUS TUF Gaming x570 WiFi motherboard. It's unfortunate when a feature you were excited about doesn't work as expected. Based on my experience, here's a potential solution and some advice.

First, ensure you've installed the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Sometimes, these updates include fixes for such issues. Additionally, ensure your Windows OS is fully updated as well.

Now, let's tackle the DTS Custom problem. It seems like a software-related issue. Try a few steps:

1. Driver Clean-Up: Uninstall all audio drivers and the DTS Custom app. Then, use a tool like Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to remove any leftover traces.

2. Reinstall DTS: Download the DTS Custom app directly from the Windows Store or check here: https://andersenlab.de/services/custom-software-development

3. Compatibility Mode: Right-click the DTS Custom executable, go to Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, try running it in compatibility mode for a different version of Windows.

Run as Administrator: Ensure you run DTS Custom as an administrator.

If these steps don't work, contact ASUS support (i'm referring specifically to the support, not the forum). They might have insights or a specific solution for your motherboard model. Hopefully, this resolves your issue without the need for a fresh OS install. Don't give up – DTS can make a noticeable difference in your audio experience once it's up and running smoothly.