cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the Asus ROG PG27UQ

LazyyyyAmerican
Level 7
Just wondering what people who've had this monitor for a length of time think of it? I'm not particularly crazy about the fan in the back....noise isn't the issue it's just that it's one more thing to wear down over time. Also....is a slight flickering normal when transitioning between images? This seems to not be consistent...it really depends on what's being displayed but an obvious example would be when I switch over to HDMI and fire up my PS4....when it hits the blue screen where you sign in to an account...there a slight wavey effect around the edges of the screen....maybe that's just how it's supposed to be but considering how much money the monitor costs I think some level of concern is warranted.
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Moved this thread to the monitor section since that's where other owners might read and share experiences. You can still make a post in the feedback area for ASUS but I can't guarantee it will get read since this is mainly a user forum.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

btrach144
Level 7
I have a day 1 PG27UQ so I guess I've had it for roughly two years. I love it. There is an issue sometimes when booting the computer on DP where it won't pick up the signal from my GPU and others have reported similar behavior. Other than than, it's been a great monitor.

I have not experienced the issue you've mentioned. Could you maybe record it for us and put it on YouTube or something?

btrach144 wrote:
I have a day 1 PG27UQ so I guess I've had it for roughly two years. I love it. There is an issue sometimes when booting the computer on DP where it won't pick up the signal from my GPU and others have reported similar behavior. Other than than, it's been a great monitor.

I have not experienced the issue you've mentioned. Could you maybe record it for us and put it on YouTube or something?

What about the dark Image with 144Hz? I've tried IT with Hunt Showdown and I can't see anything.

My main gripe with this monitor is how suddenly I'm getting "Display Port No Connection"....literally 5 minutes ago I paused a netflix movie, only to come back to a black screen. Had to reset PC to get image back....*shrugs*

LazyyyyAmerican wrote:
My main gripe with this monitor is how suddenly I'm getting "Display Port No Connection"....literally 5 minutes ago I paused a netflix movie, only to come back to a black screen. Had to reset PC to get image back....*shrugs*

Hey man it sounds really strange... I have the same LCD and watching Netflix too and I am not seeing this issue. My advice try to set Eco Mode in settings off coz maybe display wants to save some power to going to some kind of sleep state.

Do you have latest firmware? Good luck with it...