cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off lighting

xpusostomos
Level 7
I don't understand how to turn off lighting with Armoury Crate. The old Aura app had a prominant ON/OFF slider switch. Now there is a "Dark" effect, but that doesn't seem to persist when I reboot into Linux, whereas the old ON/OFF switch seemed to persist a reboot.
4 REPLIES 4

RedSector73
Level 12
Have a look in the bios, should be able to turn it off from the start and depending on the board using the bios reset key pressed more than once while shut down, (or something simular off memory) toggles it (just it also reboots to stock bios settings as well)

RedSector73 wrote:
Have a look in the bios, should be able to turn it off from the start and depending on the board using the bios reset key pressed more than once while shut down, (or something simular off memory) toggles it (just it also reboots to stock bios settings as well)

Turning it off in BIOS only leads to it being turned back on as soon as you touch the Armoury Crate program

I presume I could turn it off in the BIOS, but that's absurd, I don't want to fiddle around in the bios just to turn off lighting temporarily. In fact, just rebooting windows causes the lighting to reactivate (as well as booting Linux). Can Armoury crate be so completely brain dead that it can't even turn off lighting properly?

Arokhantos
Level 10
Armoury crate really is lacking in functionality, it looks less profesional to when it pops up 2 dos windows at startup each time instead of a proper splash screen, really hate it altho it has better rgb effects then old aura sync app
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display