cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP: x570-f gaming, replaced cpu from 3900x to 3050x. now green light...

Fieldsweeper
Level 7
As titled, the green light wont go off and I get no displau from display port or HDMI, i have flashbacked with newest bios. cleared crm reseated what I can. (hard line cooled so only so much) ram etc was working fine before the swap. Do I need the extra 4 pin power CPU connector? cx750m does not seem to have an extra one on top of the 8 pin, it does have a 6 pin PCI power I could try plugging the first for pins in? do not think thats the issue though.

sometimes the whte light would be on instead or at the same time but mostly just the green light now. have no idea where to begin, second issue with this as it was porblematic when I had the 3900x in it.

Should I return this board (less than a week old) and buy msi or something else in x570? or exchange for this one? I see ALOT of this issues all over and no real solution when I search it up. I have about had it with asus crap.

thanks VERY MUCH. I would literally pay someone to solve this for me. asap.

very frustrating and I need my computer for work. (on phone now)

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

RedSector73
Level 12
full specification please

GObonzo
Level 8
i've seen a few reports of x570 boards needing both EPS cables attached to boot. you may need to upgrade the PSU if it doesn't supply the proper output.

there should be a list of your specific motherboard error LEDs and what they actually represent. if not documented in your user manual, then you may need to contact a support representative to determine what exactly this particular light pertains to.
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

GObonzo wrote:
i've seen a few reports of x570 boards needing both EPS cables attached to boot.

I have both connected but never actually checked this, my booted thus why change what works. I have also read people report this more than once or twice on X570 boards.

Fieldsweeper wrote:
]...Do I need the extra 4 pin power CPU connector? cx750m does not seem to have an extra one on top of the 8 pin, it does have a 6 pin PCI power I could try plugging the first *four* pins in?..

it appears you do. and will need a PSU with the proper 4pin EPS cable.
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

GObonzo wrote:
your original statement,and now,
so you have acquired a new PSU that offers the extra 4pin EPS cable?
and what is the status now that you have the proper extra 4pin power, does it load up correctly?

Think you have confused me with the OP. I never had the OP issue and was simply supporting your arument.

RedSector73 wrote:
Think you have confused me with the OP. I never had the OP issue and was simply supporting your arument.
ahh, sorry about that.
so you are using an 8pin + a 4pin EPS to begin with. crazy the extra power needed by some boards now, i see more even also needing 2x 8pin + still a 6pin for extra PCIe power.

All good, sure I could have written that more clearly to begin with.

I have seen this cause issue before 8 + 4 not being hooked up for 3900, 3900x and 3950x all refuse to boot without it. I have never experienced the issue myself as I hooked both up from the start with my 3900x. I figured if my PSU has the connectors and the board - why not hook them up.

OP I would start here as your possible issue with non booting, as suggested prior.

My guess is that you really don't want these connectors being a heat/hot spot on the board as they are unmeasured and it would look really bad if it melted there, at some point in the future because of an overclock or something extreme you were doing with these CPUs's, thus is better to have these connected.

Lower CPU (than listed above) only require the 8 pin which creates confusion as people argue this point. ie You only need 8 pin bla bla bla and yes does seem crazy to need this but these supply power to the VRM's and possibly to the PCIE lanes (to my knowledge).