cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Tuf vg27aq Minimizing some games

XxWiLExX
Level 7
My Asus Tuf vg27aq Minimizing some games on launch and won't maximize. The screen goes black and seems to reset and then minimize the game. The problem started with elite dangerous and now it has spread to skater XL (which used to work ).

Using the display port on a 2070 super to get the higher frame rates.
Tried multiple ports, Turning on and off G-Sync and Overclocking.
1 REPLY 1

GObonzo
Level 8
i had a similar issue with my previous monitor and a few games. for some reason the resolution and/or window settings would be altered for some games.
at certain settings some games would either be auto-minimized or would even show a black screen until i alt-tab or alt-f4.

some times i could alt-tab back to a windowed game and manually reset the resolution and fullscreen settings. other times i had to locate the game's .ini file and manually enter the correct data. usually the settings would stick after re-entering them and the games would function fine.
maybe give that a try.
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64