Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

here ya go
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos iet turbo profile.jpg  

armouryturbo.jpg  

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    here ya go
    Those are pretty nice temperatures. Can you give me a rough idea of your room temperatures? Actually I'm a bit worried, as from what I saw in some reviews online, GPU was hitting 87 degrees which is quite hot. Fortunately yours is running cool, and I hope mine runs cool as well when I buy it.

Also, since there is thermal headroom as CPU is in mid 80s, is it possible to increase that 45W power limit to something higher? Like 50 Watts or so?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by lakshay2020 View Post
    Those are pretty nice temperatures. Can you give me a rough idea of your room temperatures? Actually I'm a bit worried, as from what I saw in some reviews online, GPU was hitting 87 degrees which is quite hot. Fortunately yours is running cool, and I hope mine runs cool as well when I buy it.

Also, since there is thermal headroom as CPU is in mid 80s, is it possible to increase that 45W power limit to something higher? Like 50 Watts or so?
    Ambient Temperature in my room is about 20-25C Living in Scotland is generally cool if not cold half the time but I'm also in a large room so it never gets hot in here I also use a cooling pad what I linked in a previous post.

As for power configuration, I haven't tinkered with those settings.
    Last edited by KorosuKivy; 08-03-2020 at 01:26 PM.

New ROGer Array

Ambient Temperature in my room is about 20-25C Living in Scotland is generally cool if not cold half the time but I'm also in a large room so it never gets hot in here I also use a cooling pad what I linked in a previous post.

Can you also let us know how the laptop performs thermally, without a cooling pad?

New ROGer Array

Can you also let us know how the laptop performs thermally, without a cooling pad?
    Sure, here ya go. there was some thermal throttling at the start but leveled off after a few minutes.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos iet turbo profile2.jpg  

armouryturbo2.jpg  

New ROGer Array

I also live in Scotland :-)

Here is my armoury crate under gaming load (Doom Eternal Ultra Settings)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gaming Crate.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	383.1 KB 
ID:	85846

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Soupladel View Post
    I also live in Scotland :-)

Here is my armoury crate under gaming load (Doom Eternal Ultra Settings)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gaming Crate.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	383.1 KB 
ID:	85846
    Looks alright from that screenshot.

Do you have the intel extreme tunning app? leave that running for 5 minutes on casual usage then after you have the graph filled up run doom and just play it for about 5 minutes then take a screenshot of each.

That will give you an idea if you're thermal throttling or if its just a power throttle. Do you get any hangs or noticeable frame stutter while playing doom, is it in combat heavy locations/traveling locations (areas with no combat) or while being idle and not paused does the game stutter

Also do all of this on the Turbo setting rather than performance mode.

New ROGer Array

Sure, here ya go. there was some thermal throttling at the start but leveled off after a few minutes.
    Nice temperatures. One more thing, does maxing out the fans in manual mode allow the fan speeds to go higher than 6400 RPM?

New ROGer Array

Nice temperatures. One more thing, does maxing out the fans in manual mode allow the fan speeds to go higher than 6400 RPM?
    Haven't tried but id assume no, I don't think the RPM will go any higher.

New ROGer Array

Haven't tried but id assume no, I don't think the RPM will go any higher.
    I actually saw this happen on two of the 2020 Asus rog laptops. Zephyrus G14 and Zephyrus Duo are on youtube which were tested in manual mode, and it really made a difference in terms of temps. So it would be really good if you can test this out for us, and would be good to know for you as well. Would be a plus point for me if I think of getting the i9 variant where almost any gains in order to help keep the temps down are welcome. I really wish to know if fans can go higher, and this possibility will give me another reason to get this.
    Last edited by lakshay2020; 08-04-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast