cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G512LV Preventing permenant boost mode on mains

Soupladel
Level 10
Is there a way to prevent my laptop (G512LV) from sitting at high clock speeds when on mains but not under heavy load?
21 REPLIES 21

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Soupladel,
Are you able to switch mode in Armoury Crate?
Thank you.

I can switch between the different profiles as in - Windows, Silent, Performance and Turbo (as well as custom). However whilst on mains, none of the profiles apart from silent drop the clock speed but as silent turns off the fans, it doesn't really help with the higher than usual temps i see when idling.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Soupladel,
May you provide a screenshot of the clock speed in Armoury Crate when your device is idling?
The task manager screenshot would be helpful as well.
Thank you.

Here is a screenshot of AC

And Task Manager:

And as a bonus, is a screenshot of Armoury Crate after barely 5 mins of Destiny 2

I also tried to capture XTU showing everything hitting the throttles, but its not always as easy as the moment you alt-tab the throttling warniing goes:

Soupladel wrote:
Here is a screenshot of AC

And Task Manager:

And as a bonus, is a screenshot of Armoury Crate after barely 5 mins of Destiny 2

I also tried to capture XTU showing everything hitting the throttles, but its not always as easy as the moment you alt-tab the throttling warniing goes:

Hey, if you try running it on turbo mode, can you share the screenshot of your armoury crate while gaming?

here ya go

KorosuKivy wrote:
here ya go

Those are pretty nice temperatures. Can you give me a rough idea of your room temperatures? Actually I'm a bit worried, as from what I saw in some reviews online, GPU was hitting 87 degrees which is quite hot. Fortunately yours is running cool, and I hope mine runs cool as well when I buy it.

Also, since there is thermal headroom as CPU is in mid 80s, is it possible to increase that 45W power limit to something higher? Like 50 Watts or so?

lakshay2020 wrote:
Those are pretty nice temperatures. Can you give me a rough idea of your room temperatures? Actually I'm a bit worried, as from what I saw in some reviews online, GPU was hitting 87 degrees which is quite hot. Fortunately yours is running cool, and I hope mine runs cool as well when I buy it.

Also, since there is thermal headroom as CPU is in mid 80s, is it possible to increase that 45W power limit to something higher? Like 50 Watts or so?

Ambient Temperature in my room is about 20-25C Living in Scotland is generally cool if not cold half the time but I'm also in a large room so it never gets hot in here I also use a cooling pad what I linked in a previous post.

As for power configuration, I haven't tinkered with those settings.

KorosuKivy wrote:
Ambient Temperature in my room is about 20-25C Living in Scotland is generally cool if not cold half the time but I'm also in a large room so it never gets hot in here I also use a cooling pad what I linked in a previous post.

As for power configuration, I haven't tinkered with those settings.

Can you also let us know how the laptop performs thermally, without a cooling pad?