Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Unhappy B360-F ROG Strix - No booting.

    Hi everyone, I'm here in behalf of my friend (he does not speaks english); As the title of this thread says his computer is not booting and I think it is a problem with the BIOS because it happened to me once with a CrossbladeRanger motherboard and you people helped me out to fix my motherboard in that moment.

    In the video you'll see just one RAM because we tried switching the two of them in each slot and then we tried with one RAM in each slot and nothing happened, the computer just starts and then it shuts down.

    I told my friend that when I had this problem with my board you asked me to download the BIOS and put it on a USB Flash Memory (which he did) but nothing happened... Then I remembered you told me three things 1) that I had to rename the file (we dont know which name do we have to use), 2) that I had to put the USB flash memory on a specific USB port (we dont know which one is that port on this board) and 3) press a button that says "bios" that was next to the specific USB port (this Motheboard does not have that button)

    https://youtu.be/PPLyddpJSQM

    PS: We use RAM from a friend and it's the same, Changed the graphic card from one PCI port to anothe one and nothing change, we cleared CMOS and nothig... I'm pretty sure he is having the same problem that I had in the pass.

    B360-F ROG Strix
    I5-9400F
    Rx 570 4GB
    XPG D41 2666MHZ 8GB x2

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array GObonzo PC Specs
    GObonzo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
    Processori7-8700K @5GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
    MonitorMSI Optix MPG341CQRV (34" 3440x1440p)
    Storage #1SSDs: 5.25TB, M.2 NVMe: 512GB
    Storage #2external - HDs: 8TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseFractal Design Vector RS (5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 750W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB — CHERRY® MX RGB Brown
    Mouse LG G600, Corsair Vengeance M95
    Headset Corsair Void Surround
    OS Win10 x64 Pro
    GObonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    could be a low quality PSU that is not functioning correctly or just cannot handle the load. could be a bad CPU or bad motherboard so the system just cannot start. could be the system is just not setup correctly; wiring, etc.
    could be many things.

    with this board if you cannot enter the BIOS or Windows, you cannot update it.

    if there is a friend or family member with a similar setup, try the CPU in that system and see if it functions and vice versa.

    also this board states, "Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel Core processors", while the 9400F is a 9th gen.
    verify on the motherboard product support page that it does support this processor.

    post images here directly in the thread of the motherboard and it's current setup.
    Last edited by GObonzo; 07-11-2020 at 12:47 AM.
    ASUS Strix ROG Z370-E Gaming | i7-8700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G. Skill Trident Z 3200 CL14 2x 8GB | EVGA FTW3 1080 Ti | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | M.2 480GB \ SSD: 5.25TB \ HDD: 8TB | Fractal Design Vector RS \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | MSI Optix MPG341CQRV | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Corsair Void Surround

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by GObonzo View Post
    could be a low quality PSU that is not functioning correctly or just cannot handle the load. could be a bad CPU or bad motherboard so the system just cannot start. could be the system is just not setup correctly; wiring, etc.
    could be many things.

    with this board if you cannot enter the BIOS or Windows, you cannot update it.

    if there is a friend or family member with a similar setup, try the CPU in that system and see if it functions and vice versa.

    also this board states, "Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel Core processors", while the 9400F is a 9th gen.
    verify on the motherboard product support page that it does support this processor.

    post images here directly in the thread of the motherboard and it's current setup.
    He has had that processor for about two months straight without problem, two days ago he turned off his computer and suddenly this problem started.

    In the video you can see the components of the computer, I'll ask him for some pictures too.

    PS: it sucks that we cannot restore the BIOS without the button.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200710-WA0088.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	85556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200710-WA0089.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	85557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200710-WA0090.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	85558
    Last edited by ClouD3d; 07-11-2020 at 02:39 AM.

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array GObonzo PC Specs
    GObonzo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
    Processori7-8700K @5GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
    MonitorMSI Optix MPG341CQRV (34" 3440x1440p)
    Storage #1SSDs: 5.25TB, M.2 NVMe: 512GB
    Storage #2external - HDs: 8TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseFractal Design Vector RS (5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 750W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB — CHERRY® MX RGB Brown
    Mouse LG G600, Corsair Vengeance M95
    Headset Corsair Void Surround
    OS Win10 x64 Pro
    GObonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    one thing i would definitely check up on is what the motherboard's red warning light alludes to. the user manual or motherboard product support page should have a list of possibilities, though you may need to contact a support rep for this information.
    my Z370 has a stupid greenish-blue light that shines just to let you know everything is working correctly, i just covered it up. this red light could be something on those lines, but red usually means an error.

    also have you tested the PSU to verify that it functions correctly in a known working system? or the CPU?
    things fail, sometimes for unknown reason. doesn't really mean much that it worked in the past.

    and what is the mobile picture? is it an ASUS app or ASUS webpage showing the compatibility options for this particular motherboard?
    ASUS Strix ROG Z370-E Gaming | i7-8700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G. Skill Trident Z 3200 CL14 2x 8GB | EVGA FTW3 1080 Ti | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | M.2 480GB \ SSD: 5.25TB \ HDD: 8TB | Fractal Design Vector RS \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | MSI Optix MPG341CQRV | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Corsair Void Surround

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by GObonzo View Post
    one thing i would definitely check up on is what the motherboard's red warning light alludes to. the user manual or motherboard product support page should have a list of possibilities, though you may need to contact a support rep for this information.
    my Z370 has a stupid greenish-blue light that shines just to let you know everything is working correctly, i just covered it up. this red light could be something on those lines, but red usually means an error.

    also have you tested the PSU to verify that it functions correctly in a known working system? or the CPU?
    things fail, sometimes for unknown reason. doesn't really mean much that it worked in the past.

    and what is the mobile picture? is it an ASUS app or ASUS webpage showing the compatibility options for this particular motherboard?

    the screenshot is the support list from the motherboard website and indicates that it supports this processor. The computer was working properly and he turned it off normally and the next day this problem began :/

    PS: the PSU works just fine.

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array GObonzo PC Specs
    GObonzo PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
    Processori7-8700K @5GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
    MonitorMSI Optix MPG341CQRV (34" 3440x1440p)
    Storage #1SSDs: 5.25TB, M.2 NVMe: 512GB
    Storage #2external - HDs: 8TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseFractal Design Vector RS (5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM)
    Power Supplybe quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 750W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB — CHERRY® MX RGB Brown
    Mouse LG G600, Corsair Vengeance M95
    Headset Corsair Void Surround
    OS Win10 x64 Pro
    GObonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by ClouD3d View Post
    ...The computer was working properly and he turned it off normally and the next day this problem began...
    Quote Originally Posted by GObonzo View Post
    ...things fail, sometimes for unknown reason. doesn't really mean much that it worked in the past...
    since things appear to be installed correctly;
    it could be any main component in the chain of devices that has burned out at any given time whether due to cheap manufacturing, user error, or just bad luck.
    without testing individual devices separately it is impossible to determine what has failed. memory, CPU, PSU, and motherboard would all need to be tested in another system that you know functions properly. or would need to be replaced separately by known working parts one at a time until the system works properly again.



    Quote Originally Posted by ClouD3d View Post
    ...the PSU works just fine.
    so you have actually tested it in a known functioning system?
    Last edited by GObonzo; 07-13-2020 at 12:31 AM.
    ASUS Strix ROG Z370-E Gaming | i7-8700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G. Skill Trident Z 3200 CL14 2x 8GB | EVGA FTW3 1080 Ti | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750w | M.2 480GB \ SSD: 5.25TB \ HDD: 8TB | Fractal Design Vector RS \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | MSI Optix MPG341CQRV | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Corsair Void Surround

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by GObonzo View Post
    since things appear to be installed correctly;
    it could be any main component in the chain of devices that has burned out at any given time whether due to cheap manufacturing, user error, or just bad luck.
    without testing individual devices separately it is impossible to determine what has failed. memory, CPU, PSU, and motherboard would all need to be tested in another system that you know functions properly. or would need to be replaced separately by known working parts one at a time until the system works properly again.



    so you have actually tested it in a known functioning system?
    We tested the PSU, the RAM and the Graphic Card on my computer and they still work just fine...
    We need to test the Processor (which was bought brand new just 3 months ago) and the motherboard...
    I really think It is the BIOS because He is having the same trouble that I had with my old CrossbladeRanger but the problem with this B360 is
    that you told me that we cannot load the bios without the button that my old motherboard had :/.


    this was my post when I had this same problem
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...614#post732614

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by ClouD3d View Post
    We tested the PSU, the RAM and the Graphic Card on my computer and they still work just fine...
    We need to test the Processor (which was bought brand new just 3 months ago) and the motherboard...
    I really think It is the BIOS because He is having the same trouble that I had with my old CrossbladeRanger but the problem with this B360 is
    that you told me that we cannot load the bios without the button that my old motherboard had :/.


    this was my post when I had this same problem
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...614#post732614
    I have finally solved the problem as i thought it was the same BIOS problem... he was able to flash it by giving the correct name to the BIOS file.

    THANK YOU ALL!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •