cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS AURA doesn't work (tried many different approaches to troubleshoot)

xPepi
Level 7
STRIX x570 gaming-e wifi motherboard with ryzen 3700x and strix 1080ti (anything connected via icue works fine, keyboard, mouse, corsair logo on cpu cooler)

RGB on motherboard, GPU and 5 phantek fan RGB halos as well as 2 phantek RGB strips all connected in series to the motherboard RGB 12v header.

I initially got it working, somewhat, but had to open Aura (latest version) each time after reboot, turn off/on lighting, to get it to work.

After several re-installations, of various versions of Aura, I now get "aura sync doesn't exist" or "please connect compatible device" or "light service not available"...

When I do get the software to work, it won't read my motherboard, just reads the GPU

I've tried to delete all related files in all folders prior to re-installing a different version and nothing works.

I've watched videos, tried various troubleshooting steps, not sure what to do?

I've tried this and various versions of this approach.

1.) Uninstall Aura Sync
2.) Restart your Computer
3.) Go to Bios, Disable LED on Motherboard
4.) Restart your computer
5.) Go to Bios again, Enable LED on motherboard
6.) Restart your computer
7.) Install Aura Sync
8.) Restart Computer
9.) Open Aura Sync and it’s all Synced again
5 REPLIES 5

xPepi
Level 7
This worked for me, though not for for the person (kayone) who posted the solution. I had so many remnants of previous versions installed or still lingering that everything was conflicting with everything else. Once I used revo uninstaller, not only does Aura see all my RGB devices but iCUE now also sees my motherboard in the list. Ultimately, the goal is to use iCUE for everything, once the software developers improve it to be universal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/ccnjqh/help_with_aura_software/

GObonzo
Level 8
my previous issues with Aura software and device detection + my solution that has so far worked out great:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112446-Aura-1-07-71-and-earlier-versions-Aura-service-is-c...
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

GObonzo wrote:
my previous issues with Aura software and device detection + my solution that has so far worked out great:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112446-Aura-1-07-71-and-earlier-versions-Aura-service-is-c...

Thanks for this post. I don't want to use Armoury and currently everything works fine except one thing.

When I turn my PC on from full shutdown, as it's booting up, all LED's are working, once it gets into windows all LED's shut off and I have to open AURA, click on/off switch to off, then to on to get the LED's turned on. Yes everything is enabled in BIOS.

Any ideas what turns the lights off as it loads into windows?

Thanks.

xPepi wrote:
...Any ideas what turns the lights off as it loads into windows?

Thanks.
the same issues that i mention in the previous linked thread: ASUS software and device identification within Windows. it's just erratic and seems to get worse when there's been multiple uninstall/reinstalls of their software. for some reason ASUS software just overwrites and/or erases it's own data and loses contact with supported devices. sometimes when the system shuts down, sometimes when it boots, sometimes even randomly while in use. there's many threads about it here, on Tom's Hardware, on reddit, all over the web.

there's been a lot of users posting temporary fixes like what you have been doing with switching ON/OFF, restarting Lighting Service, etc.
but the only reports i've seen of actually fixing the issue have involved reinstalling the OS, and even then it seems it's not always a permanent fix. luckily for me it has worked for quite some time now without issue.

the fix i posted should also work with Aura Sync in place of Armoury Crate & Aura Creator. i think the main solution is just that previous Windows' ASUS device data gets erased when performing a new OS install.

it sucks we cannot determine where that exact data is stored within the OS. erasing everything ASUS from the registry and the disk drive(s) just doesn't seem to be enough, the actual OS has to be overwritten for some reason it seems.
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

GObonzo wrote:
the same issues that i mention in the previous linked thread: ASUS software and device identification within Windows. it's just erratic and seems to get worse when there's been multiple uninstall/reinstalls of their software. for some reason ASUS software just overwrites and/or erases it's own data and loses contact with supported devices. sometimes when the system shuts down, sometimes when it boots, sometimes even randomly while in use. there's many threads about it here, on Tom's Hardware, on reddit, all over the web.

there's been a lot of users posting temporary fixes like what you have been doing with switching ON/OFF, restarting Lighting Service, etc.
but the only reports i've seen of actually fixing the issue have involved reinstalling the OS, and even then it seems it's not always a permanent fix. luckily for me it has worked for quite some time now without issue.

the fix i posted should also work with Aura Sync in place of Armoury Crate & Aura Creator. i think the main solution is just that previous Windows' ASUS device data gets erased when performing a new OS install.

it sucks we cannot determine where that exact data is stored within the OS. erasing everything ASUS from the registry and the disk drive(s) just doesn't seem to be enough, the actual OS has to be overwritten for some reason it seems.

iCUE turns the lights off if iCUE recognizes your motherboard. I posted about this in a separate thread. How to make ASUS AURA work guide. You have to delete the plugin folder in iCUE for the motherboard, problem solved. Lights stay on.