cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio 3 - Game Not Showing Up In Application Manager

Acratic
Level 7
Hi,

I've been expecting this really weird problem for a while now and it's super annoying. There's this one game that just won't show up in the application manager no matter what I do. I've tried switching sources and opening the game; restarting my PC and opening the game; reinstalling Sonic Studio 3, restarting my PC and opening the game; installing modified drivers from this forum, reinstall Sonic Studio 3, restarting my PC and opening the game; and a load of google searches but nothing has worked.

I'm looking for a way to manually add this game to the application manager now to circumvent this as I think that's the way path forward. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

This is probably not an issue properly speaking, let me explain : I would like to point out that if a game/app is not listed in the SS3 Application Manager, this does not indicate that the SS3 global effects will not be applied to this game/app, it just indicates that this game/app has been black listed by A-Volute (the creator of SS3) because it generated issues (slowness/crash at launch for example) with the customization of SS3 effects per app, hence the fact that you also don't see Google Chrome listed for example if you used it.

But in order to rule out the hypothesis where your game is not black listed by A-Volute and that it may be a bug in your SS3 Application Manager cache, we will clean up your installation (and this SS3 Application Manager cache) and start on a good basis. In order to give you the appropriate indications to do that, please provide :

- OS version/build used (Example : Windows 10 64 bit 2004/20H1/VB/19041.x)
- Motherboard/Notebook/Desktop model used (Example : ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming motherboard)

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

This is probably not an issue properly speaking, let me explain : I would like to point out that if a game/app is not listed in the SS3 Application Manager, this does not indicate that the SS3 global effects will not be applied to this game/app, it just indicates that this game/app has been black listed by A-Volute (the creator of SS3) because it generated issues (slowness/crash at launch for example) with the customization of SS3 effects per app, hence the fact that you also don't see Google Chrome listed for example if you used it.

But in order to rule out the hypothesis where your game is not black listed by A-Volute and that it may be a bug in your SS3 Application Manager cache, we will cleanup your installation (and this SS3 Application Manager cache) and start on a good basis. In order to give you the appropriate indications to do that, please provide :

- Motherboard/Notebook/Desktop model used (Example : ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming motherboard)

Hi,

I forgot to mention that it used to work a couple of months ago but then at some point disappeared (took a break from gaming and came back to find it was gone). Even if it is blacklisted, there must be some way to circumvent this, right? I don't mind modifying code if I have to, this is the only software I've come across that's capable of routing this particular games (Roblox) audio. I hope there is a solution.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

But in order to rule out the hypothesis where your game is not black listed by A-Volute and that it may be a bug in your SS3 Application Manager cache, we will cleanup your installation (and this SS3 Application Manager cache) and start on a good basis. In order to give you the appropriate indications to do that, please provide :

Hi,

I forgot to mention that it used to work a couple of months ago but then at some point disappeared (took a break from gaming and came back to find it was gone). Even if it is blacklisted, there must be some way to circumvent this, right? I don't mind modifying code if I have to, this is the only software I've come across that's capable of routing this particular games (Roblox) audio. I hope there is a solution.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - 64 Bit
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero

Acratic wrote:
Hi,

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - 64 Bit
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero

No sorry, if it does not appear automatically I do not have a workaround to provide to you in order to add it manually.

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this drivers thread.

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process.
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process.
- For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
No sorry, if it does not appear automatically I do not have a workaround to provide to you in order to add it manually.

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF MB) from this drivers thread.

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Note (in order to choose correctly the install/update process to use) : You have a ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard.

I already did that, those were the drivers I mentioned installing on my first post. I've found something that might work though. After some research, I've located the white and black list that the program uses. I'm attempting to modify them to see if that will solve the problem. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks

Acratic wrote:
I already did that, those were the drivers I mentioned installing on my first post. I've found something that might work though. After some research, I've located the white and black list that the program uses. I'm attempting to modify them to see if that will solve the problem. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks

You can not have done what I just told you to do because the SS3 Cleaner tool is not in the processes contained in the thread.

Anyway, as I told you before, I do not have a workaround to provide to you and I can't advise you an action or any other way to do it because modding is not my field.

MoKiChU wrote:
You can not have done what I just told you to do because the SS3 Cleaner tool is not in the processes contained in the thread.

Anyway, as I told you before, I do not have a workaround to provide to you and I can't advise you an action or any other way to do it because modding is not my field.

I found a forum post where someone was having problems with SS3 and you sent them that exact same message. thought it would help so I did it. It didn't. Anyway, do you know anyone on this forum who would be able to advise me further?

Thanks