cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Left & Right touchpad buttons stopped working

Bobz1x
Level 7
Hi, the left & right touchpad buttons stopped working on my: ASUS ROG G751JY-DB73X GeForce GTX 980M 4G.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
You might want to start with a live USB stick booting to Ubuntu or something to see if it works there. If so, then it's a software issue. If it still doesn't work then it's hardware.

This might indicate a damaged ribbon cable inside the machine or a dead touchpad. If you feel comfortable opening the machine you could check for a pinched or damaged wire.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Sanctrum
Level 9
There are 2 ribbons connected with g751jy touchpad and status LEDs below. AFAIK one works only for the touchpad itself... while the second one is for LEDs and the buttons.
Very small misalignment of the second ribbon in the connector makes sometimes buttons unresponsive and LEDs statuses mixed up (wrong LEDs are flashing).
So there are 2 possibilities if this is not software related:
1. You have dissembled the laptop and the relevant ribbon is shifted little bit. (I had this case personally)
2. The ribbon is damaged... not sure how possible if no any disassembly took place.

Bobz1x
Level 7
i am disabled and can't physically work on it myself but the information im getting here is valuable to me. Wish i could send it to you to fix it.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Bobzlx,
Please kindly send your device to service center.
Thank you.

Did you manage to find the right solution for this issue. I have the exact same problem here on my G751JY and still don't have a clue how to fix this. Furthermore, the LED indicator lights on mine seem to turn on and off randomly. Did a loose ribbon cable cause all of this thing??

Kebutuhan media locker untuk menunjang aktivitas perkantoran sangatlah penting karena setiap karyawan pasti membutuhkan sebuah sarana dan prasarana yang memadai untuk menyimpan barang pribadi mereka. Pasalnya hari ini banyak pihak kantor yang terlalu memandang kebutuhan locker ini sebagai sesuatu yang tidak perlu diprioritaskan karena hal seperti ini termasuk ke dalam kategori pemborosan sumber daya. Banyak juga yang beranggapan bahwa furniture seperti ini masih dapat dicari barang penggantinya yang tergolong memiliki harga yang jauh lebih murah jika dibandingkan harga furniture lemari locker yang dijual di pasaran. Jika kita perhatikan memang alasan seperti ini tergolong rasional dan tidak bertentangan dengan nilai-nilai etika yang berlaku, akan tetapi hal ini dirasa lebih baik jika para pelaku bisnis dapat berperilaku lebih akrab dan dekat dengan para pekerjanya dengan pengadaan furniture-furniture pendukung di kantor mereka masing-masing.

Dengan melihat berbagai kemungkinan yang ada maka dapat disimpulkan bahwasanya produk lemari penyimpanan seperti locker dapat memberikan berbagai kemudahan di berbagai lingkungan seperti sekolah, perusahaan, universitas, dan sebagainya. Hal ini tentu tidak terlepas dari fungsi utama locker itu sendiri dimana digunakan sebagai tempat untuk meletakkan atau menyimpan barang bawaan yang bersifat privat. Oleh karenanya kita semua harus mengerti tentang urgensi keberadaan furniture yang satu ini dengan tidak menyepelekan segi fungsionalitas yang dimilikinya sebagai sarana pendukung kegiatan yang ada. Untuk itu, kami sebagai pihak vendor resmi jual locker perkantoran menghimbau agar Anda sebagai pembeli sebaiknya membeli produk locker yang benar-benar teruji dan terjamin kualitasnya disamping memiliki harga pasar yang terjangkau. Pastikan juga Anda memiliki spesifikasi locker yang cukup memadai agar nantinya tidak terjadi kekurangan atau kelebihan tempat penyimpanan yang bisa berakibat tidak baik bagi lingkungan tempat Anda bekerja.

Bobz1x
Level 7
Ii have not got it fixed. I sent it to Asus and wanted big bucks to fix it.

Blake1
Level 10
Dear both,
Please kindly send the device to service center.
If you have any issue during this process, please PM me the SN and RMA number.
Thank you.