Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Stability problems with RAM or CPU

Hi Everyone!

Form longer time I have big problems with my PC. It started with random suspensions. When I changed my settings for ram to XMP 3866 computer started to crash completely randomly. Sometimes twice a day sometimes ones a week. But freezes was weird. Everything was working just screen freezed and in headphones I heard sound like short circuit. When I restarted after that there was an error F sometging. I don't remember exactly what now. I had to turned off XPM profile and everything go back to normal. Initially I was thinking thats maybe because old instalation in my flat and there are some voltage drops. I bought UPS and reset everything. From that time it's happened olny ones or twice. But a new problem appeared. Now when I'm turning on PC there is an error from CPU: E4 detecting memory. After that I need to hard reset, go to BIOS just esc without changes and PC start running. Thats happening every time when I turning on PC. I'm thinking the whole problems are because wrong voltage or timings on RAM. Hopfeully someone can help me with this, because I try everything I know and still didn't find solutions to this. I'm asking you guys because I'm desperate now

PC:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sys conf.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	85579

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xGoldilx View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Form longer time I have big problems with my PC. It started with random suspensions. When I changed my settings for ram to XMP 3866 computer started to crash completely randomly. Sometimes twice a day sometimes ones a week. But freezes was weird. Everything was working just screen freezed and in headphones I heard sound like short circuit. When I restarted after that there was an error F sometging. I don't remember exactly what now. I had to turned off XPM profile and everything go back to normal. Initially I was thinking thats maybe because old instalation in my flat and there are some voltage drops. I bought UPS and reset everything. From that time it's happened olny ones or twice. But a new problem appeared. Now when I'm turning on PC there is an error from CPU: E4 detecting memory. After that I need to hard reset, go to BIOS just esc without changes and PC start running. Thats happening every time when I turning on PC. I'm thinking the whole problems are because wrong voltage or timings on RAM. Hopfeully someone can help me with this, because I try everything I know and still didn't find solutions to this. I'm asking you guys because I'm desperate now

PC:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sys conf.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	85579

Hello,

You may want to try Maximus Tweak Modes available from within the UEFI. Depending on the modules, either Mode 1 or Mode 2 may offer better stability with overclocking.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus R6EE Bios 0702
    Processori9 10900X @ 5.0 1.37V VCore
    Memory (part number)GSkill F4-4000C18Q2-64GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080 Ti
    Sound CardCreative SB AE7
    MonitorAsus ROG PG349Q
    Storage #1Intel 905p M.2 360G
    CPU CoolerEKWB Magnitude RGB and Quantum Kinetic D5
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus Strix Flare
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II Origin
    OS Windows 10 64

I haven’t seen Maximus tweak modes in the bios for x299. Have I missed it?

XMP isn’t *working very well with memory speeds above 3600. Probably needs manual mode.*

List all your hardware and the model number of your memory.*
    Last edited by Hopper64; 07-13-2020 at 03:08 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper64 View Post
    I haven’t seen Maximus tweak modes in the bios for x299. Have I missed it?

XMP isn’t *working very well with memory speeds above 3600. Probably needs manual mode.*

List all your hardware and the model number of your memory.*

CPU: i9-7900x
    MB: ROG Rampage VI EXTREME
    RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 4x8GB CL18-19-19-39 1.35v
    GPU: ROG Strix 1080Ti
    HDD1: Samsung NVMe 960 PRO 512GB
    HDD2: Intel SSDPEKNW512G8
    Power: bequiet DARK POWER PRO 1000W (platinum)

That's it I think. Just realize on picture from before then the memory is working in dual channel dunno why... Thanks in advance for your help!

New ROGer Array

Freezes

i got the freezes problem too
    how did you solve it?

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus R6EE Bios 0702
    Processori9 10900X @ 5.0 1.37V VCore
    Memory (part number)GSkill F4-4000C18Q2-64GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080 Ti
    Sound CardCreative SB AE7
    MonitorAsus ROG PG349Q
    Storage #1Intel 905p M.2 360G
    CPU CoolerEKWB Magnitude RGB and Quantum Kinetic D5
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus Strix Flare
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II Origin
    OS Windows 10 64

You might try manual instead of xmp and tune your voltages. Some of my settings are here post 10 for my kit, but every memory kit and cpu and motherboard are different so you may have to tweak things for stability:

*https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-Memory-Detect

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Doryanay10 View Post
    i got the freezes problem too
    how did you solve it?
    In my opinion freezes are caused by unstable voltage from the socket. I asked ASUS support for help and thats their reply:

"In this case I can advise you to make a CMOS reset of the BIOS by taking out the CMOS battery for 3-5 minutes while the PSU is unplugged. While the power cord from the PSU is still unplugged, press the power button down for 30 seconds to power discharge the
    unit. Then place the CMOS battery back in, plug in the PSU and try again.

After this go into the BIOS > Advanced Menu > APM Configuration, from here set the ERP Ready to Enable S4 + S5 or Enabled S5 and set the Restore AC Power Loss to Last State and test the motherboard again.

Reseat all power cables

Try the unit with minimal configuration - CPU - PSU - 1 RAM STICK - STORAGE - GPU and see if any changes"

For me thats help a lot, but didn't solved problem in 100%. That's why I bought UPS battery to make sure energy is stable. From that moment I had only one freeze on beginning.

ROG Member Array

Rampage 6 Extreme is a problematic board. I also have same "Detect Memory" errors on cold boot and resume from sleep. I tried everything from XMP to Manual. Even bought another memory kit from QVL but didn't help.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by GTi-6 View Post
    Rampage 6 Extreme is a problematic board. I also have same "Detect Memory" errors on cold boot and resume from sleep. I tried everything from XMP to Manual. Even bought another memory kit from QVL but didn't help.
    I'm using it for like 2 years. Always was some problems, but with detecting memory it's something new now. That's TOP Asus MB and they should do something with this because I see many people have a problem with diferent memorys.

I tried now manual settings. I will test now for a bit and I will let you know Guys what's going on.

New ROGer Array

Ok everything looks ok for now. I did settings like that: 3600MHz standard timings 18-19-19-39 but I changed V to 1.37. I run 30min stress test and everything passed ok. Next turned on from cold passed without an error. Will see stability and starting for next few days and I will update you Guys.

Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast