Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array nada324 PC Specs
    nada324 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS STRIX G15 G512LW
    MotherboardCROSSHAIR VI HERO 7803 BIOS
    ProcessorRYZEN 7 3700X
    Graphics Card #1RX 5700 TUF
    Graphics Card #2RTX 2070 MOBILE
    MonitorMSI OPTIX G24C4 144HZ 1080P
    CPU CoolerNOCTUA NH-U12A
    CaseNOX HUMMER ZX
    Power SupplyEVGA-W1-600W
    Keyboard Newskill Hanshi Spectrum
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Exclamation Asus, can you unlock intel xtu interface in your asus strix g15 with intel 10th gen?

    Hello, Asus can you provide a bios update to unlock intel xtu voltage offset? I know that we have voltage offset up to -80mv, but cpu is still thermal throttling when playing demanding games with gpu.
    Other companies had provided bios updates with intel xtu interface option to enable it. I know all about plundervolt vulnerability but please, provide the option.
    Thank you.

    We just have this option in bios. Not enough. Laptop is ASUS ROG STRIX G512LW


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EchQo1AXgAA-ddk.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	85582
    Last edited by nada324; 07-13-2020 at 12:01 PM.

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    I’d love this as well because I am getting pretty high temps at idle and under load with even the 80mv undervolt.

    the only options left for me are to repaste the CPU/GPU or remove the covers on the vents under the fans, which I don’t want to do because that will void the warranty

    I have the G512LV 240Hz panel version

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array nada324 PC Specs
    nada324 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS STRIX G15 G512LW
    MotherboardCROSSHAIR VI HERO 7803 BIOS
    ProcessorRYZEN 7 3700X
    Graphics Card #1RX 5700 TUF
    Graphics Card #2RTX 2070 MOBILE
    MonitorMSI OPTIX G24C4 144HZ 1080P
    CPU CoolerNOCTUA NH-U12A
    CaseNOX HUMMER ZX
    Power SupplyEVGA-W1-600W
    Keyboard Newskill Hanshi Spectrum
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupladel View Post
    I’d love this as well because I am getting pretty high temps at idle and under load with even the 80mv undervolt.

    the only options left for me are to repaste the CPU/GPU or remove the covers on the vents under the fans, which I don’t want to do because that will void the warranty

    I have the G512LV 240Hz panel version
    You can't even repaste, in theory, ALL asus Intel 10th gen laptops, use liquid metal for CPU.

    But yeah, its a shame that we don't have access to intel xtu while other manufacturers like MSI provide that option in their bios.

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    Well if that’s true it would suggest liquid metal isn’t that effective, it’s been applied badly or these laptops are absolute heat monsters and would be even worse without liquid metal.

    Or maybe not all 10th gen laptops have been included in the liquid metal programme
    Last edited by Soupladel; 07-13-2020 at 06:58 PM.

  5. #5
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    562

    Dear all,
    Please refer to below notice from Intel
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...wapkw=SA-00289
    We are following this on our BIOS setting.
    Thank you.

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Dear all,
    Please refer to below notice from Intel
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...wapkw=SA-00289
    We are following this on our BIOS setting.
    Thank you.
    Well, Intel says "users contact their system manufacturer to obtain the latest BIOS version that mitigates this issue", but i don´t want to MITIGATE, I want to SOLVE the problem.

    Now, with the latest BIOS I have thermal issues just playing around, without touching any settings. I have not spent money to not be able to play well.

    Please, solve it as soon as possible.

  7. #7
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    562

    Hello Horrifido,
    Which model do you have and what temperature do you get under what kind of usage?
    Thank you.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Hello Horrifido,
    Which model do you have and what temperature do you get under what kind of usage?
    Thank you.
    Hey , I noticed the same thing on my G731GW , ever since upgrading to BIOS 308 I'm unable to undervolt my 9750H and it leads to some crazy temperatures under stress. (heavy gaming/benchmark)

    It used to be maximum 85 and it is now reaching 98. (Happens only when CPU is around 4.2-4.4GHz , used to be fine back when I was able to undervolt with XTU)

    Something has to be done about this.

    I really don't want to force myself to downgrade to 307.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    21

    I have a G732LWS and while gaming I can see temps usually in the 90 degree range with it spiking to 95 all the time. I have see it go once or twice to 99 degrees. I second the request to have the ability to modify settings in XTU, I understand that things have been locked down due to recommendations from Intel, but does that mean all settings need to be locked out? I should be able to disable overclocking and modify other settings that would extend the life of my laptop by lowering the overall heat generated.
    Asus G732LWS
    Geforce GTX 2070 Super
    Intel i7-10875h

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    106

    Quote Originally Posted by Desani View Post
    I have a G732LWS and while gaming I can see temps usually in the 90 degree range with it spiking to 95 all the time. I have see it go once or twice to 99 degrees. I second the request to have the ability to modify settings in XTU, I understand that things have been locked down due to recommendations from Intel, but does that mean all settings need to be locked out? I should be able to disable overclocking and modify other settings that would extend the life of my laptop by lowering the overall heat generated.
    The current issue effects undervolting at the kernel level. Has been around since the 6th generation processors but only just recently been uncovered. The moment you undervolt your laptop is the moment you open yourself to the explot.

    Asus or any other manufacture can "fix" this issue. It is up to intel to do what they can to come up with the solution but tbh that may not happen until the next generation processors as the problem lies between the processor not getting enough power to complete computation tasks thus opening it to exploitation and data collection.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •